In Windows 11 PredatorSense's - Helios 300 2019 PH315-52

Arnabmactavish
Arnabmactavish Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
In Windows 11 PredatorSense's factory default -0.125v undervolting on doesnt work, any fix for this?

So, I have updated my Helios 300 2019 Model(PH315-52) to Windows 11. Upon installing the predator sense, normally in Windows 10 the default undervolting changes to -0.125v but in this case it has risen up to 0.389v. I think PredatorSense needs update. Is there any work around for now?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Aathif_Mahir
    Aathif_Mahir Member Posts: 78 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Arnabmactavish

No, Fix for Now

I'm also facing the same issue on my PH315-52 and even i tried ThrotlleStop, Since i have latest bios update the Throttle Stop Won't work anymore with my System unless i downgrade my bios that i don't want to do.

currently, i reduced the maximum cpu to 99% in windows power plan settings but that turn off's turbo boost. in that case there's no option just wait until Acer Releases New Update to Predator Sense
  • Arnabmactavish
    @Arnabmactavish

No, Fix for Now

I'm also facing the same issue on my PH315-52 and even i tried ThrotlleStop, Since i have latest bios update the Throttle Stop Won't work anymore with my System unless i downgrade my bios that i don't want to do.

currently, i reduced the maximum cpu to 99% in windows power plan settings but that turn off's turbo boost. in that case there's no option just wait until Acer Releases New Update to Predator Sense

Yeah, they need to release new updates for Predator Sense. For now I have revert back to Windows 10(clean installation). To be honest Predator Sense version 3136 has problems in Windows 10 as well. For ex it sometimes does the factory undervolting but in other times it doesn't. So far the I am using the old 3116 version which has no such problems.
  • Aathif_Mahir
    @Arnabmactavish

No, Fix for Now

Yeah, they need to release new updates for Predator Sense. For now I have revert back to Windows 10(clean installation). To be honest Predator Sense version 3136 has problems in Windows 10 as well. For ex it sometimes does the factory undervolting but in other times it doesn't. So far the I am using the old 3116 version which has no such problems.
    Acer Seems to be already updated drivers for Helios 300 PH315-54, I hope other models like PH315-53, PH315-52, PH315-51 Follow up very soon
  • brwster455
    brwster455 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    i heard someone had this problem on a helios 500. I think he said VBS was the problem. Once he disabled it, undervolt was back to -0.125
  • Arnabmactavish
    i heard someone had this problem on a helios 500. I think he said VBS was the problem. Once he disabled it, undervolt was back to -0.125
    VBS was not the issue as it was already disabled. So it has to be a issue with PredatorSense's XTU.
  • Aathif_Mahir
    The Current Workaround for Undervolt Issue is Disabling Memory Integrity in Windows Defender and If you have Enabled Virtual Machine Platform Components in Optional Feature for WSL, You need to Disable that
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Acer doesn't seem to care on upgrading driver's for PH315-53, PH315-52, PH315-51. It's been over 3 months since launch of Windows 11 but we still doesn't have the driver's for it.

They did pushed Windows 11 Drivers for there latest Helios 300 PH315-54 but older models were in vein, 

What they care is selling more devices instead of supporting older models, Acer Helios 300 PH315-52 would be last device that I was buying from Acer.

Other OEM's like Lenovo, Already pushed Win11 Drivers for many of it's older devices in Helios 300s caliber.
  • ankitdanu
    ankitdanu Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I am using predator PH315-52 any idea when can I expect WINDOWS 11 update for my system. My friend using Predator 2018 model with i5-8300h Got update to windows 11 in the month of January 2022.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Acer has really nothing to do with Microsoft's roll out of Windows 11. They send it out to systems on their own schedule. You can always manually upgrade it yourself, but since almost everyone complains about gaming performance in W11 I'd be awfully tempted for them to clean it up before doing it myself.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • smartalec
    smartalec Member Posts: 1 New User
    it seems like nitrosense is the answer, but the triton300 is not supported! 
  • billsey
    No, NitroSense is for Nitro machines, PredatorSense is for Predator machines. This thread is for a Predator Helios 300, so NitroSense wouldn't work on it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Acer doesn't seem to care on upgrading driver's for PH315-53, PH315-52, PH315-51. It's been over 3 months since launch of Windows 11 but we still doesn't have the driver's for it.

They did pushed Windows 11 Drivers for there latest Helios 300 PH315-54 but older models were in vein, 

What they care is selling more devices instead of supporting older models, Acer Helios 300 PH315-52 would be last device that I was buying from Acer.

Other OEM's like Lenovo, Already pushed Win11 Drivers for many of it's older devices in Helios 300s caliber.
    Follow up

it's been 6 months since the release of Windows 11 and still we don't have fix for this issue yet, waiting continues forever. Hope Acer would address these issues pretty soon.

If anyone 
    has Acer Helios 300 PH315-52 with Acer Support Still Active, Please create a ticket regarding this issue as many as possible

Thanks
  • Aathif_Mahir
    Follow Up

Its been 8 months since the release of Windows 11, Now Microsoft Already Ramping up Windows 11 22H2 but still we don't have the fix for this issue. This really troubles many users those are using WSL and Virtual Machine Platform @Acer-Tommy @Acer-Blayn @Acer-Ingrid and other Acer Employees here, Please take a look into this issue
  • billsey
    Has Microsoft offered the update to you yet?
  • Aathif_Mahir
    @billsey of course, Microsoft Already Started Pushing Windows 11 all the devices, Acer Predator PH315-52 is no exceptions
  • Aathif_Mahir
    edited June 2022
    Even I worked with one of the Windows Lead who's responsible for Virtual Platform and Windows Security to Find what causing this issue and came to conclusion that it is do with Virtual Machine Platform and Hypervisor Port that Doesn't Allow Intel XTU that Baked into Predator Sense Make Changes to CPU Undervolt Value,

Acer should upgrade Predator Sense with Latest Intel XTU Services that Can Make Changes to CPU Undervolt, But they don't. I have complained this issue to many Acer Support services as possible and still no response regarding that.

On my case, this issue totally ruins the experience and I don't have a option to go back to Windows 10 as well since I really need to use WSLg every now and then
  • Try downloading the latest predator sense and undervolting file I uploaded to google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aathif_Mahir
    edited June 2022
    Try downloading the latest predator sense and undervolting file I uploaded to google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94

May i know, which version of Predator Sense that Your Referring? And Also Please Enable Public Access to Above Google Drive Link
  • Try downloading the latest predator sense and undervolting file I uploaded to google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94

May i know, which version of Predator Sense that Your Referring? And Also Please Enable Public Access to Above Google Drive Link
    It's version 3184!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aathif_Mahir
    edited June 2022
    Try downloading the latest predator sense and undervolting file I uploaded to google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94

It's version 3184!

Customized version means, did you added Ph315-52 Plugs to 3184 installer? And also please can you make the link public.