Aspire F5 died

Pro
Pro Member Publicaciones: 2 New User
editado septiembre 2023 en Archivo del 2019
Model N15Q1
It suddenly went dead for no apparent reason, and won't reboot. Nothung: no POST, no drive activity, no LED indicators.
1. Power brick is working, and shows 19.6v at the main board.
2. Battery shows 16.6v at main board with or without out power brick.
3.  CR2032 battery shows 3.28v.
4. Tried press/hold reset button, wait then plug power brick back in. No change. Repeated several times. No change.
5. Removed battery, press/held power button, waited, replaced battery, plug power brick back in, waited. No change.
6.  Repeated several times. Finally, amber LED blinked then turned blue. Pressed Power, LED went out, nothing else happened. Repeated several times; same result.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Respuestas

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Publicaciones: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Have you checked that this button is being pressed correctly by putting some layers of electrical tape? 

Black square

Have you already tested with another adapter and another properly grounded electrical outlet?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pro
    Pro Member Publicaciones: 2 New User
    1. My unit doesn't look like yours. The bottom of mine is all one peice without any separate access panels. The battery reset button on mine is normally accessed by using a paper clip through a pinhole in the bottom cover. In order to unplug the battery I had to remove 21 screws to remove the bottom cover.

2. Yes, three different outlets and another adapter. Same non-result.

I have wasted 4 days on this and have come to the conclusion that there is something fundamentally wrong inside. Further evidence; in January the hard drive died while I was in the middle of an important project. I had to buy a new drive and then frantically re-install all my software. Fortunately I have an external USB hard drive and I back up all my data quite regularly.

I'm going to go buy a good computer, and hopefully I can just transfer my hard drive over.

Thanks anyway.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Publicaciones: 98,305 Trailblazer
    What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)