Aspire 5 A515-52-776H unable to boot from Recovery or CD or USB

dd4005
dd4005 Member Publicaciones: 12

Tinkerer

editado septiembre 2023 en Archivo del 2019
Just got my new Windows 10 Aspire 5 A515-52-776H and my first thing to do was repartition the 512GB SSD into 3 partitions using EASEUS partition manager (which I've used for 10 years on 10 PC's). After finishing the repartition it rebooted and came to a blue screen which has error code 0xc0000225. This is the point where I should be able to go into recovery, but recovery just comes back to the same screen.

My next thought was try and boot from USB or CD and try some recovery options that way, but the BOOT menu in the InsydeH2O only offers one boot option "Windows Boot Manager" despite secure boot being disabled. Boot mode is set to UEFI but there aren't any other options for that either.

I currently see no option other than to send it back to Acer.

Mejores respuestas

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Publicaciones: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Respuesta ✓
    You may need to create a USB stick with the iso from microsoft and use the windows recovery options as it is in the video!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dd4005

Tinkerer

Respuesta ✓
    So I think I know why I broke it. I used my (at least) 10 year old installer of EaseUs Partition Manager which doesn't know anything about UEFI (and neither did I until today). I managed to get USB boot working so I made a Recover image from my other Windows 10 machine (luckily I have one) and re-installed Windows. Booting successfully now.

Respuestas

• Commodore_1995#
    Hello! Have you ever tried to press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dd4005

Tinkerer

Hello! Have you ever tried to press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    I had tried that, and also fn + alt + f10. Nothing happened. I pressed it about 3-times-per-second until the Acer logo appears. No effect.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Is d2d recovery active in uefi?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dd4005

Tinkerer

Is d2d recovery active in uefi?

I don't understand the question. How can I check if d2d is enabled in UEFI ?
    I have noticed that this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKOoU8GlqYo ) shows someone booting from USB on an Acer and he has boot mode set to Legacy Mode. But when I hit enter on the boot mode, it only shows me UEFI as an option. I think if I could get Legacy mode I might get somewhere.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Here my friend:

About the error code, see this video: 
    https://youtu.be/lkJUcmDxeX8

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Respuesta ✓
    You may need to create a USB stick with the iso from microsoft and use the windows recovery options as it is in the video!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dd4005

Tinkerer

degydiocoelho said:
    Here my friend:

About the error code, see this video: 
    https://youtu.be/lkJUcmDxeX8

Ahh, OK, yes that D2D Recovery option *IS* enabled, but as I said, Alt-F10 doesn't work for me. It's exactly the same behaviour whether I press it or not. I don't know if a USB stick from Microsoft will help unless it has a UEFI file on it that I can choose.
  • dd4005

Tinkerer

Respuesta ✓
    So I think I know why I broke it. I used my (at least) 10 year old installer of EaseUs Partition Manager which doesn't know anything about UEFI (and neither did I until today). I managed to get USB boot working so I made a Recover image from my other Windows 10 machine (luckily I have one) and re-installed Windows. Booting successfully now.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Great my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer