Powerwash acer chromebook

Opciones
tonysmithzzzabc
tonysmithzzzabc Member Publicaciones: 1 New User
I did the power wash on my Acer Chromebook it then asked me to choose a network, I choosemy phone hotspot network, then it just reverts back to choose a network and never connects

Respuestas

• Mati2013
    Mati2013 Member Publicaciones: 3 New User
    Opciones

Good Morning,

I believe your Airplane mode may be ON but in case it isn't I recommend the following steps. 

Connect to Wi-Fi

You can connect to a wireless network (commonly known as Wi-Fi networks) to access the Internet. Check if there are Wi-Fi networks near your location by clicking the network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen. Just click a network name to connect to it.

Enable Wi-Fi usage and connect
    1. Click the network icon network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen.
    2. Select your network status from the menu that appears.
    3. Make sure Wi-Fi usage is enabled, which will allow your Chromebook to detect nearby networks. In the menu that appears, click wifi not connected icon. If you see wifi connected icon, that means Wi-Fi is already enabled.
    4. Detected networks automatically show up in the menu. To connect to a network, simply select its name.

When you see the network icon icon in the lower-right corner of your screen, that means your Chromebook is connected to the network.

Note: Secure networks are marked with the secure network icon and require additional information before you can connect. If you're connecting to a secure network that uses password authentication, you'll be prompted to enter a password. Choose "WPA" to use WPA or WPA2-Personal security.

Check connection status

Click the status area to quickly check the state of your connection.

network iconYou're connected to the network.The number of lit signal bars indicates the strength of your network signal. If the icon is flashing, that mean the connection is being established.
    no connectionYou're not connected to any network.
    Connect to an unlisted network

Some network administrators may choose to hide network details. Those networks are not listed in the network menu, but you can still connect to an unlisted network if you know the network's information.

1. Click the network icon network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen.
    3. Select Wi-Fi in the lower-left corner.
    4. Enter the network's information in the dialog that appears.
    5. Click Connect.

Information for this network is automatically saved so you can easily connect to this network again in the future.

Find the Media Access Control (MAC) address

Some administrators restrict network access to prevent outsiders from accessing private information within the network. Devices that are allowed to access the network are identified by their Media Access Control address (MAC address, for short). This ID is also sometimes called the hardware address.

If you need to find your device's MAC address, follow these steps:

3. In the network menu that appears, click the "i" icon in the lower-right corner.
    4. Your device's MAC address is listed in the message that appears (e.g. 00:25Smiley Very Happy3:39:EC:66).
    Supported types of Wi-Fi networks

Your Chromebook can connect to the following types of networks:

• Standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n
    • Security: WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise
    Next steps

Chromebook - Connectivity

I hope this helps,