Missing BREAK key - AN515-55-54Q0

Options
Brain2000
Brain2000 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I just got the Nitro 5 today. Fantastic laptop. But I found one major flaw for me.
It is missing the BREAK key. Normally PAUSE/BREAK are together, but on the Nitro the F11/PAUSE are together.
A lot of other laptops (i.e. HP, Dell) are missing the BREAK key but have mappings for it, such as Fn+B.

I feel like I've tried every key combination for BREAK but I can't find it. Did Acer forget to add this?

[I need the BREAK key for booting into Cisco routers/switches that need repair, or switching to/from RDP full screen]

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Brain2000
    Options
    The AN515-55-54Q0
  • Brain2000
    Options
    After a couple hours I did find a workaround, at least for Windows.
    There is a program called SharpKeys | randyrants.com that will remap keys at a low level in Windows, using a registry key to store the change.
    Since I don't use the special NITRO key, I remapped it to the BREAK key, using E0_75 --> E0_46
    I also like this method because it doesn't require any service or program to be loaded in the background.
    But it would be nice if Acer would add an alternative mapping to BREAK to the Nitro series...

• Jelko
    Jelko Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Driver Support One is downloading Onedrive????

• namuco
    namuco Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have an AN515-57, and Ctrl + Fn + B works in place of Ctrl + Break.