Nitro 5 - AN517-51 - battery continues to drain even when the note is off

MisterF
MisterF Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Dear,  I have the AN517-51 here, the battery continues to drain even when the note is off, I left it for 4 days without turning it on and it discharged about 40% or more.
In Acer Quick Access I left the USB charging power-off disabled and still continues.

Turn-on fast startup is also already deactivated.

In the rest, the battery is also lasting about 2.3 hours out of the socket until fully discharged, the note has little use and is always in the power charger.

I tried the reset by completely discharging and holding the power for 15 seconds, twice and it also didn't solve the battery time.

Below the battery report:

Any hints of what it might be?

Answers

• Do you leave any device connected to the USB port when you turn off the laptop?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MisterF

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho said:
    Do you leave any device connected to the USB port when you turn off the laptop?
    No, without a USB device connected.
  • Can you check the version of the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MisterF

Tinkerer

Can you check the version of the bios?

Before I had version 1.32 - Update LCD brightness table, yesterday I installed version 1.33 - Update Insyde Solution

The latest version already contains the correction of version 1.25 right?
  • Yes, the most recent version contains the previous fixes. Does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MisterF

Tinkerer

Yes, the most recent version contains the previous fixes. Does the problem still occur?

I did the test with the latest version, still draining, I left it for 48 hours off, discharged 1%.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could also leave the AC adaptor connected always without switching off at the plug, I had this problem when I switched off the mains overnight, then I tried leaving the mains on overnight and the battery stopped draining.
  • Hi,
    You could also leave the AC adaptor connected always without switching off at the plug, I had this problem when I switched off the mains overnight, then I tried leaving the mains on overnight and the battery stopped draining.
    I do not advise leaving the power adapter connected to the laptop, when the laptop is turned off, for a simple reason: if there is a power outage or any fluctuation in the electrical power, it can damage the laptop.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    I do not advise leaving the power adapter connected to the laptop, when the laptop is turned off, for a simple reason: if there is a power outage or any fluctuation in the electrical power, it can damage the laptop.
    Yes, I didn't think of that  :o
  • I still think that the usb ports are active, even if disabling charging via the usb port on acer quick access. When you disable charging via the USB port and turn off the laptop, does the computer still supply power to an external device when connecting to the USB port?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MisterF

Tinkerer

I still think that the usb ports are active, even if disabling charging via the usb port on acer quick access. When you disable charging via the USB port and turn off the laptop, does the computer still supply power to an external device when connecting to the USB port?
    it really is USB, I did the test with the note off connecting the cell phone, I tested the 3 ports, only one of the ports is powered, the other two ports are not powered, in this case is it a hardware or bios problem?

the port the one in the image below, how to solve it?

• @brummyfan2Have you seen this possibility?

it really is USB, I did the test with the note off connecting the cell phone, I tested the 3 ports, only one of the ports is powered, the other two ports are not powered, in this case is it a hardware or bios problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    @brummyfan2Have you seen this possibility?

@egydio@egydiocoelho
    No, I don't have any USB peripherals connected to my laptop, I am going to try turning off "Power off USB charging" and see whether my battery drains.

• MisterF

Tinkerer

if the usb port is powered, then even without any devices connected, the port would be consuming battery, right. 

in the bios I left it disabled and it doesn't have a more specific option to turn it off either.

It's worrying.

• brummyfan2
    edited March 2021
    MisterF said:
    if the usb port is powered, then even without any devices connected, the port would be consuming battery, right. 

in the bios I left it disabled and it doesn't have a more specific option to turn it off either.

It's worrying.

Hi,
    I don't think you need to worry too much about the battery wear, my system has depleted 6% over a period of 4 months which is same as your wear level for the 4months period, last night I have switched off the mains when I shut down the laptop, when I checked the wear level it looked same as yesterday, all I did was turning off Power-off USB charging in Quick access, but I will keep monitoring the wear level for a week or two.

• But it's weird. I have the ph315-52 model and when I disable charging via the usb port on the acer quick access, the usbs ports do not supply power to the devices.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MisterF

Tinkerer

Guys, good news.

The problems have been solved.

I suspect that there is a bug in win10 in the power management, for this to happen, making the battery drain very fast, anyway, now the USB ports remain disabled when I turn off the note, even the battery charge is much faster and already it doesn't discharge as fast when I unplug the AC charger, I left the hub connected to the USB port from yesterday to today and even so it didn't.

It even increased the battery time to 5.2h, before it was only 2.3h.

Adjustments made:
    - I unchecked the power management to turn off the device on all USB controls.
    - I have marked to never go to sleep when the AC charger is connected.

Other settings are according to the settings informed in the first posts.

Then I will see if I can reset the battery again to be 100% calibrated because it is still very new.

Well, as it has already been resolved, I thank you for your help.

Sleep:

• brummyfan2
    MisterF said:
    Guys, good news.

The problems have been solved.

I suspect that there is a bug in win10 in the power management, for this to happen, making the battery drain very fast, anyway, now the USB ports remain disabled when I turn off the note, even the battery charge is much faster and already it doesn't discharge as fast when I unplug the AC charger, I left the hub connected to the USB port from yesterday to today and even so it didn't.

It even increased the battery time to 5.2h, before it was only 2.3h.

Adjustments made:
    - I unchecked the power management to turn off the device on all USB controls.
    - I have marked to never go to sleep when the AC charger is connected.

Other settings are according to the settings informed in the first posts.

Then I will see if I can reset the battery again to be 100% calibrated because it is still very new.

Well, as it has already been resolved, I thank you for your help.

Sleep:

Hi,
    Thank you for posting the solution, it will be very useful to anyone with this type of problem  :)
  • General9913
    General9913 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I have a similar problem. I'll try this, thank you!