Acer Nitro AN515-42: Disappearing dedicated graphics card when updated Windows 10 via Windows Update

Options
Ader88
Ader88 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello!

My notebook has integrated AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics (with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U) and dedicated AMD Radeon RX 560x graphics card. Until the problem occurred both cards were visible and active in the device manager.

After Windows 10 update, which concerned UEFI BIOS (update to InsydeH20 rev. 5.0), dedicated graphics card Radeon RX 560X disappeared from the device manager. It is visible, but only after checking the option to show inactive devices - the message says: device is off, connect the device to the power supply.  Then the card is not detected and cannot be selected to support applications such as games. The RX 560x is only visible as active when the notebook goes to sleep mode and wakes up. It is then possible to select RX560x to support applications.

I've updated the chipset drivers but no result. In UEFI BIOS settings (Advanced tab) I have only three options: AMD-SVM, AMD-IOMUU (VM support) and  SATA Configuration. I don't see options to change the use of graphics cards.

How can I activate both cards so that they are available from system startup?

Thanks for all your help in this matter

BTW apologize for my English (it is not my native language).

Answers

• adesheddie
    adesheddie Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem, did you figure out how to fix it ?
  • Ader88
    Ader88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi adesheddie,

this was not a failure caused by a BIOS update. Acer service determined that the dedicated graphics card (RX560X) was defective. The fault was fixed by replacing the motherboard (under warranty). So far everything is fine (the problem I described no longer occurs). I would advise you to contact your local Acer service center.

Best regards and good luck!