Aspire 5 A515-51 Will not power on, but is charging.

Options
2»

Answers

• Wankydoodle
    Wankydoodle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    For some reason, the ONLY way I can get around this issue is by holding the power button for 10 minutes (not seconds, Minutes!!) and letting go.

I've tried removing the battery to do a power drain, holding the power button for 60 seconds, paper clip reset, holding down keys, etc, etc. None of that works. The blue light turns on for 4 seconds and disappears. 

But for some reason, holding the power button for a RIDICULOUS amount of time seems to do the trick. Seriously guys, not 60 seconds. That does nothing. Put something heavy on the button for 10 minutes and remove it. It should turn on. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @WankydoodleDoes it really work? did the problem return after you pressed the power button for 10 minutes?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,389 Trailblazer
    Options
    @MasterGracey999 DivaCEO

I ended up turning in my Aspire5 a515-54G (only HDD) at Acer Services who reformatted the HDD and reloaded drivers and OS (Windows10 20H1). The service charge of US$20 was waived. To recover your data buy a cheap external USB HDD case an take the HDD out of your broken laptop, mount it in the case and plug that in a USB slot of another computer, copy & paste your files. Finally completely reformat (full) the external USB HDD, take it out of the case and put it back in the broken laptop for Acer to service.
  • J_J
    J_J Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Options
    Help! I am facing a similar issue, although mine will turn on, but it will not charge. After I opened the back I discovered that this button (picture 1) is missing on my motherboard (picture 2). Tried covering it with some electric tape, but did not work. What can I do? It has been missing since repairs a year ago.    

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @J_JIdeally, you should ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Abhijeeet
    Abhijeeet Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    For almost six months, my Aspire 5 will not power on. When i press the power button, the blue LED comes on for about five seconds and then goes off. There is no noise from it like fans, etc, and the screen doesn't turn on. if it's plugged in, the amber charging LED will illuminate, but when i press or hold the power button, nothing happens but the blue led comes on for a few seconds then goes off. I have tried the battery reset pinhole and that did nothing, and recently i thought the hard drive failed so i bought another one. When i pulled the drive out i powered it on and it started with the acer logo and then said no bootable device, which confirmed my suspicion of a bad drive. When i put the new one in I started it again and it came up again with no bootable device so i put in my flash drive to install windows 10 to the drive, however i did not know how to access the boot menu, so i turned it off again and figured out you have to press f2 while it starts up. I tried that but when i powered on again... nothing. No noise, no screen, just that blue led on for 5 seconds then off, every time i pressed the power button nothing happened. i took the new drive out, nothing. Tried with no drives, nothing. Put the old one back in, nothing!!!!! It is like it forgot how to turn on or something. I have had this computer since christmas 2017, and has worked fine for that year but march 2019 i turned it off one day, and didn't use it for a few days, that is when this all started.
    Please help. thanks!
    I have exactly same problem.....anyone came up with any solution yet ?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,735 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @AbhijeeetIdeally, you should ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Abhijeeet,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Anilsharma
    Anilsharma Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    M too facing the same problem on my acer aspire 5 notebook. Much worried that in just 1.5 years this kind of issues are arising. Disappointed with acer.😔😔😔
  • Hendrik4
    Hendrik4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Found a solution for this problem. I think. It works on my old laptop.. Without battery and unplugged press the power button. Then stick in the power cord plug and release the power button. It's like magic! 
  • kesavakarri
    kesavakarri Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    J_J said:
    Help! I am facing a similar issue, although mine will turn on, but it will not charge. After I opened the back I discovered that this button (picture 1) is missing on my motherboard (picture 2). Tried covering it with some electric tape, but did not work. What can I do? It has been missing since repairs a year ago.    

Laptop model: 

Aspire A515-54G

Mine has the battery reset button, but no use.

It turns on but it will not charge 😢, very annoying, 
    Please let me know if someone else has a similar issue or found any solution.

Thanks.