faulty power switch Acer Aspire 603

Options
knightoneb
knightoneb Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I purchase the Acer Aspire 603 new a few years ago, and until recently haven't used the desktop computer. I now want to use the computer. as a regular replacement for another previous computer system.

For some unknown reason, I am having problems with the power on/off switch. The power in cable and electricity supply is fine. Sometimes (very rarely) power to the computer will work. I have made a number of attempts, like holding down the button for 5 seconds etc, but this doesn't help.Plus other initial checks without success.

Can anyone provide a suggestion to possibly resolve this annoying problem.

Best Answer

• knightoneb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The problem seems to have self resolved itself.

Having used the computer for the last couple of days, it started first time, with press of button, on each occasion. 

Now to see if the previous gremlin returns at a later time!.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you access to a VOM? You could verify the switch is actually making electrical contact when pressed. It is possible that it has corroded while sitting...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • knightoneb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The problem seems to have self resolved itself.

Having used the computer for the last couple of days, it started first time, with press of button, on each occasion. 

Now to see if the previous gremlin returns at a later time!.