Help! Admin password reset

Options
CassieTye
CassieTye Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

Acer aspire home pc windows 8.1 os

I lost my admin password and because of that i not only can't access over half the operations of the pc but it is also restricting me from booting in safe mode. 

It's set up with a local email and sadly i no longer have access to said email. 

I've tried several ways to "backdoor" it but with no luck. 

I've tried the shift + reset and it will not do anything without admin password 

I've tried to use command prompt and same issue can't go further due to not knowing admin password 

I've use the del button to get to boot menu and tried changing things there and nothing

I've tried downloading pc fixer and windows pc fixer to a usb and had no luck there. 

I have over 70,000 pictures and documents on there that i don't want to lose or i would just factory reset it.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    That type of discussion is not allowed here. Try contact Acer support and have them help you through it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi CassieTye,

Unfortunately, any discussion of bypassing security features are not allowed (please review the ACUA terms and conditions):

Note: This thread will be now closed.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.