Upgrade G1-710

Options
bingo11
bingo11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi , i have a predator g1-710 with 17-6700  and gtx 1070.is it possible to put an rtx 2070 and change processor?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning bingo11 !

There is nothing to stop it.
    You should only pay attention to a few factors:
    1- physical size of the GPU
    2- PSU-related consumption factor

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can change the processor, but the i7-6700 is pretty close to the max already. You have to use another 6th gen processor in that motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheShape184
    TheShape184 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hallo, i have a acer predator g1-710 10702 and was wondering if i could upgrade the GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070. Any advice would be much appreciated:D
  • billsey
    Options
    Yes, though I believe you'll also want to upgrade the power, the 3070 requires quite a bit more than the 1070 did. If you haven't already, I'd do a switch to SSD for your system drive before going into GPU upgrades, if you are on a HDD now that's very likely your biggest bottleneck.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheShape184
    Options
    Alright thanks. Any advice on how to upgrade the power? Since this model has 2 laptop "blocks" which give 230 w each. Can i find blocks that have more thank 230 w? I thought i saw blocks that give 330 w so maybe switch them out for 330 W? 
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, it can be problematic for these, just due to those non-standard supplies. 330W each should give enough overhead and the wiring will handle that easily enough.
  • TheShape184
    Options
    Ok thank you very much for your advice, kind sir. Now I know i can upgrade my rig 😇