How do i fix my black screen?

Options
KLA
KLA Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
There is a slow blinking blue light on the side where the battery indicator is, but the screen stays black. The only thing that has worked is when i press and hold esc and refresh for 10 sec then press power button. Then a recovery page comes up. I insert my recovery stick, and it says the recovery is complete, and to remove the recovery stick and the device will restart on its own. I then wait, but the screen remains black. I have tried this 3×. 

I should probably add that it worked up until i let my kids play with it for a few minutes while i was doing something, turned around and screen wouldnt turn on. They may have thrown it or possibly jumped on it. Idk. Please help!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The slow blink is normally an indication the laptop is sleeping. If it's unable to wake up from the sleep you can force things by pressing and holding the power button until it turns off. Then go ahead and turn it back on normally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KLA
    KLA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have actually tried that and the whole pressing and holding the power button for 30+ seconds to shut it down and what not, and nothing has worked
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Not a good sign... If you are out of warranty I'd open it up and look closely at the connections between battery and motherboard. Some models give a slow blink when they think the battery has failed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.