A315-41-R7LU bluetooth disappears now and then

Options
vinloren
vinloren Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have been working on my Aspire3 A315-41-R7LU for little less than two years with no problems but a few months ago I decided to use a BT mouse (a Trust model) to free one USB port and it just worked right away. Unfortunately after a couple of days the mouse stopped working because the internal BT was not detected anymore. The BT diagnostic told me BT was not there in my PC, I tried to reinstall the acer driver Bluetooth_Atheros_10.0.0.455_W10x64_A and apparently the problem was fixed after reboot. In reality the problem was still there as the BT failed again and in order to restore it I still have to reinstall the driver and reboot maybe also 3 or 4 times in a row before getting the BT activated. I got used to recover from failure this way but I wonder whether it existed a better solution. Any help is appreciated.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The wifiBT card probably either needs to be re-seated a few times to clean up its contacts or replaced. New replacement cards are less than $15. Google either part no. "KE.11A0L.001" or "KE.11A0N.002" for vendors. The RAM and HDD doors need to come off and 17 screws removed from the bottom in order to pry the base cover off with your fingernails or plastic credit card to access the card. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinloren

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    JackE said:
    The wifiBT card probably either needs to be re-seated a few times to clean up its contacts or replaced. New replacement cards are less than $15. Google either part no. "KE.11A0L.001" or "KE.11A0N.002" for vendors. The RAM and HDD doors need to come off and 17 screws removed from the bottom in order to pry the base cover off with your fingernails or plastic credit card to access the card. Jack E/NJ

Thanks Jack for your suggestions, I will check the card.

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Also, search 'restore point' Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, make sure System Protection is turned on just in case an errant Win10 update is creating the intermittent issue when you're not looking.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinloren

Tinkerer

Options
    I just applied what was suggested , BT is working but to be sure that the issue is fixed I get to wait for a few days. After this change thse system boot takes 36Sec instead of 20Sec
  • vinloren

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Also, search 'restore point' Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, make sure System Protection is turned on just in case an errant Win10 update is creating the intermittent issue when you're not looking.   :) Jack E/NJ
    Unfortunately this change did not solve the issue as after a few hours the BT suddenly disappeared. I restarted the service.bluetooth (it was still running apparently) but still BT did not show up. Now I will reinstall the BT driver again and again until BT will be responsive.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Now quickly open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'SystemRestore' button. Click 'next'. Do you see an automatic restore point that was created just before you re-installed the BT driver again? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinloren

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    OK. Now quickly open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'SystemRestore' button. Click 'next'. Do you see an automatic restore point that was created just before you re-installed the BT driver again? Jack E/NJ
    OK, actually I can see the restore poit created before I reinstalled the BT driver
  • JackE
    Options
    Any others listed about the same time? You may have to click on the show more restore points button. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinloren

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Any others listed about the same time? You may have to click on the show more restore points button. Jack E/NJ
    Yes, I can see three restore points:
    26/10/2020  22:35:17 bluetooth repair 
    26/10/2020  10:21:14 Removed Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth installer (x64)
    24/10/2020  15:49:22 Removed Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth installer (x64)
    22/10/2020  19:39:20 Removed Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth installer (x64)

The first in the list is the restore point I created right after applied the suggested change to fast boot, the rest was automatically created upon BT driver reinstall.

• JackE
    Options
    >>> in order to restore it I still have to reinstall the driver and reboot maybe also 3 or 4 times in a row before getting the BT activated. >>>

When BT is working, is it still working after you shutdown normally but immediately turn it back on again? How about if you wait a few hours before turning it back on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vinloren

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>> in order to restore it I still have to reinstall the driver and reboot maybe also 3 or 4 times in a row before getting the BT activated. >>>

When BT is working, is it still working after you shutdown normally but immediately turn it back on again? How about if you wait a few hours before turning it back on? Jack E/NJ
    When BT is working I can shutdown and turn it back on immediately and the BT is still OK , if I shutdown and reboot a few hours later usually the BT works ok as well. The strange thing is that now and then the BT disappears most of the times while I am working on the PC or navigating with the browser or else it sometimes has failed after recovering from sleep. 
    What I heve noticed is that the BT functionality is triggered back to normal whenever the reboot finds some update to system to be performed: when I reinstall the BT driver the eventual reboot meets such a condition, I suspect that if I reinstall any other driver which requires a reboot to complete, the installaton would fix a previosly failing BT. I say this because at the beginning of this story, before I tried the driver reinstall, the BT magically recovered upon reboot suggested by a  routine system update.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• vinloren

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    JackE said:

Thanks Jack for your suggestions, I will check the card.