Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-53-77CF) Maximum fan speed

Options
SummerDream
SummerDream Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello guys, i just purchase a helios 300 (2020) earlier of this month, i notice that my maximum fan speed for CPU is just 4838 sometimes 4918, where my GPU is 6122 all the time, is that CPU fan defect? or is normal ?

Answers

• Carlo72387
    Carlo72387 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Same 4918 cpu 6122 gpu. I also have the 2020 model of the helios 300. Judging by the number of people experiencing this, this might be intentional? Or somebody seriously f'ed making these 2020 models.
  • SummerDream

Tinkerer

Options
    Same 4918 cpu 6122 gpu. I also have the 2020 model of the helios 300. Judging by the number of people experiencing this, this might be intentional? Or somebody seriously f'ed making these 2020 models.
    Do you send back for warranty ? or you still using it as it is ? and whats your model ? is it same with mine ?
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    all ph315-53 owner experienced this,
    I keep mine as it is
  • SummerDream

Tinkerer

Options
    I keep mine as it is
    but i call to acer service center they told me its not normal, and ask me send for check. 
  • ダージリン様
    Options
    I keep mine as it is
    but i call to acer service center they told me its not normal, and ask me send for check. 
    aight, let me know if its fixed
  • SummerDream

Tinkerer

edited October 2020
    Options
    I keep mine as it is
    aight, let me know if its fixed
    will update after onsite service
  • Carlo72387
    Carlo72387 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2020
    Options
    Do you send back for warranty ? or you still using it as it is ? and whats your model ? is it same with mine ?
    Nah, Like I said a lot of people have been complaining about this, so it could be a software issue that can easily be fixed with an update, yep I'm still currently using it, but have put gaming on hold as I need to repaste and put new pads, I've been experiencing really bad CPU temps (89-97 when gaming, 55 idle ) My model is the PH315-53 2020

Edited the content by removing inappropriate info
  • ダージリン様
    Options
    Nah, Like I said a lot of people have been complaining about this, so it could be a software issue that can easily be fixed with an update, yep I'm still currently using it, but have put gaming on hold as I need to repaste and put new pads, I've been experiencing really bad CPU temps (89-97 when gaming, 55 idle wtf) My model is the PH315-53 2020

you can use throttlestop
    and undervolt the CPU -0.100 and limit the clockspeed to 3.6ghz 
    you can undervolt the GPU too if you want too,
    i got pretty good temps even without repaste
  • SummerDream

Tinkerer

Options
    Nah, Like I said a lot of people have been complaining about this, so it could be a software issue that can easily be fixed with an update, yep I'm still currently using it, but have put gaming on hold as I need to repaste and put new pads, I've been experiencing really bad CPU temps (89-97 when gaming, 55 idle wtf) My model is the PH315-53 2020

That's what temp I getting too, I have to put maximum can speed to be able to play game on 70-80 cpu temp. 
  • SummerDream

Tinkerer

Options

you can use throttlestop
    What auto fan? Or max fan?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @Everyone

The fans in the 2020 Helios 300 are both plastic and the latest gen Aeroblade (metal) fans.

Since the motors are brushless their motor output (power) is the same for each. One being metal is heavier and thus it spins slower.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Kimchitofu
    Kimchitofu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I just received my helios 300 2020 from Amazon and was curious about the fan speed difference. I asked around reddit and other places and people are experiencing similar fan speed levels with same year helios. If everyone is experiencing the same speeds it must be normal  and the above post would make sense about it. Also when gaming which I only play genshin impact which isn't the most intensive game I get up to 96° Celsius  cpu temperature playing it from the acer predator app. My gpu temp isn't that bad and only gets up to 75 honestly running that game but overall temps aren't terrible outside of the 90° C spikes.
  • Kimchitofu
    Kimchitofu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    @Everyone

The fans in the 2020 Helios 300 are both plastic and the latest gen Aeroblade (metal) fans.

Since the motors are brushless their motor output (power) is the same for each. One being metal is heavier and thus it spins slower.
    I thought the 2020 model had both fans as metal?
  • ダージリン様
    Options

you can use throttlestop
    What auto fan? Or max fan?
    auto
  • SummerDream

Tinkerer

Options
    just wan to update you guys, the guy came and changed the CPU fan just now, when first boot up and test the predator sense on max speed, it shoot up to 5.5k on cpu and gpu 6122, and now i check, its back to 4918 and 5k
  • weicuenbb
    weicuenbb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    just wan to update you guys, the guy came and changed the CPU fan just now, when first boot up and test the predator sense on max speed, it shoot up to 5.5k on cpu and gpu 6122, and now i check, its back to 4918 and 5k
    So the problem is still not solved?
  • Letsgo55
    Letsgo55 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm the same purchased helios 300 1 month ago, same model as above. My fans at the start where both 6000, now The cpu fan is fastest it goes 4738. and my gpu fan is 5882 both on max settings. Why the sudden drop I noticed this within one week. So it is an update issue? Please help my cpu goes too 92 when I'm gaming.
  • sst0rmie
    sst0rmie Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Letsgo55 said:
    I'm the same purchased helios 300 1 month ago, same model as above. My fans at the start where both 6000, now The cpu fan is fastest it goes 4738. and my gpu fan is 5882 both on max settings. Why the sudden drop I noticed this within one week. So it is an update issue? Please help my cpu goes too 92 when I'm gaming.
    we have  the same fan speed
  • QuangDuong
    QuangDuong Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have a model number PH315-53-781R bought in June this year. The maximum CPU fan my laptop has is 4761 rpm and GPU 6122. I checked  with Acer support centre, and all they said is "normal". A friend of mine bought exactly the same model, same supplier, 2 months after my purchasing. His laptop CPU max fan reaches 5000 rpm, and GPU 6122 rmp. So, I don't know what is going on with Acer quality check, or somehow their laptop fan products. It really depends on your luck though.