2 ACER Spins with hinges causing shell separation

Options
scb71
scb71 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have two ACER Spin laptops that are 8 months old (under warranty) and both are having the same issue. The hinges are causing the laptop to separate. On one the left side is worse and the monitor section is opening and separating although the other side is beginning to do it as well. On the other laptop the right hinge is causing the keyboard clamshell to separate.

I read on this forum and others that this is a common defect and clearly it is a defect since I am having the exact same issue on two identical laptops however I am concerned about the warranty coverage. I have read that others had issues with getting this repaired or replaced even under warranty. The units have not been abused and the only stress has been by simply opening and closing the lids. I do not want to pay to send each of them off and then wait for weeks on end only to have them rejected. My kids also must have these for their schoolwork with remote COVID learning. Can anyone comment on this issue and the warranty process? I have submitted the warranty claims but am not confident that means much based on the negative reviews of others.

I am hopeful ACER stands by their products but am concerned.

Answers

• QuercusAgrifolia
    QuercusAgrifolia Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same issue (including needing it for my kid's school). Did you ever get it resolved?