installing windows aspire one cloudbook 14 (AO1-431-C8G8)

Options
Mihai123
Mihai123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I tried to install windows 7 via an usb and at some point after I boot from it, it says the bios in this system isnt fully ACPI compliant so i cant continue with the installation. any help ? 
Problem is on Acer aspire one cloudbook 14 (AO1-431-C8G8)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    You must change the BIOS from UEFI to legacy mode or Win7 can;t install. Shut laptop off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Go to the BOOT tab to see if you can change from UEFI to legacy mode. If not, you may have to set and save a BIOS supervisor password in the SECURITY tab. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with your password and change the setting to legacy mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mihai123
    Mihai123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    You must change the BIOS from UEFI to legacy mode or Win7 can;t install. Shut laptop off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Go to the BOOT tab to see if you can change from UEFI to legacy mode. If not, you may have to set and save a BIOS supervisor password in the SECURITY tab. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with your password and change the setting to legacy mode. Jack E/NJ
    I already changed it to legacy. It doenst work on either.
    I also updated my bios.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    How did you prepare the USB stick for the Win7 iso? Also, you have a cloudbook with limited resources. What iso are you trying to install? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ