Confused aspire 3 A315-53G-5968

Raam253
Raam253 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I brought Acer aspire 3 A315-53G-5968. I want to add m.2 SSD to it. Which type of m2 SSD can I add and how it looks like ? An image of it will help a lot ! And also what is the maximum size ? I am trying to buy a 250 GB SSD. Is it ok ?

Best Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Answer ✓
    Hi Raam253

There Are Multiple brand available for m2 SSD, however im updating Kingston SDD Image, You can choose which ever Bard you like. (Kingston is one the Best Brand) 

Image result for 256gb ssd m2 kingston

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is OK to add a 250GB SATA m.2 SATA card. It will look like the top card shown below. It will fit in the m.2 slot on the mainboard near the HDMI port Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Your model was tested with up to 256GB SATA m.2. It may accept higher but not guaranteed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Answer ✓
    Hi Raam253

There Are Multiple brand available for m2 SSD, however im updating Kingston SDD Image, You can choose which ever Bard you like. (Kingston is one the Best Brand) 

Image result for 256gb ssd m2 kingston

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is OK to add a 250GB SATA m.2 SATA card. It will look like the top card shown below. It will fit in the m.2 slot on the mainboard near the HDMI port Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Raam253

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    Does my model support 250 GB SSD ? Model is Acer aspire 3 A315-53G-5968. What is the maximum size of SSD I can add to it ?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Your model was tested with up to 256GB SATA m.2. It may accept higher but not guaranteed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Raam253

Tinkerer

Thankyou JackE
  • Raam253

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I have installed 250 GB SSD m.2 drive successfully. But, old HDD is not showing up in This Pc tab and device manager tab. But I can see it is detected in bios but not showing up in the this pc tab and device manager tab. The old HDD is fine. It's working. When ever i try to load windows from it, it is starting. But in this case, the new SSD is not showing up . The same thing  is happening when I start with SSD as well. Not only this pc tab but also in disk management and Device manager as well. What's wrong about it ? And how to solve this problem ? Please help!
  • JackE
    If you boot from the m.2 SSD as the letter C drive, then press WIN+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc'.  Then assign letter D to the old HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Raam253

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If you boot from the m.2 SSD as the letter C drive, then press WIN+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc'.  Then assign letter D to the old HDD. Jack E/NJ
    Problem solved after updating the disk drivers in device manager. Thanks a lot !
  • JackE
    Congratulations on your success. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZenitramPRO
    ZenitramPRO Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    Raam253 said:
    I brought Acer aspire 3 A315-53G-5968. I want to add m.2 SSD to it. Which type of m2 SSD can I add and how it looks like ? An image of it will help a lot ! And also what is the maximum size ? I am trying to buy a 250 GB SSD. Is it ok ?

What M2 SSD did you bought?
  • JackE

Check your mainboard's m.2 socket before you plunk extra money down on a 970 nvme. Some models are equipped with 2 socket keys.  If it also has a B key the 970 won't fit since it only has one card slot to fit the M key.  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/726635/#Comment_726635   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZenitramPRO
    ZenitramPRO Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:

Check your mainboard's m.2 socket before you plunk extra money down on a 970 nvme. Some models are equipped with 2 socket keys.  If it also has a B key the 970 won't fit since it only has one card slot to fit the M key.  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/726635/#Comment_726635   Jack E/NJ

@JackE,

Ok. BTW, I've seen a 860 nvme installed in someones same model, but i'm not sure if there's anyone already tried the 970 nvme. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/676664/#Comment_676664

Thanks!

• Deepak21
    Deepak21 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Does a315 53g 5968 supports nvme ssd?
  • JackE
    Deepak21An NVMe SSD will probably work but download and install hwinfo64 freeware to see if the pcie port has link width of 2x or 4x. If only 1x, then it will operate at only SATA3 speeds. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepak21
    JackE I didn't found pcie link width but in my NVIDIA GeForce mx 130 card in video bus there is written as PCIe v3.0 x4 (8.0 GT/s) @4 (2.5 GT/s). Does it okay or I have to check for link width for M.2 separately.
  • JackE
    Seems OK. Can you post screenshot of hwinfo64? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepak21

• JackE
    Yes, you can use nvme m.2 card. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• prashantverma
    prashantverma Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Can anyone let me know what max read and write speed you got after installed ssd in acer a315-53g-5968
  • JackE

It all depends on the brand & model number of SSD that was installed  and the maximum PCIe  link width that's shown by hwinfo64 freeware. For example, if you installed a 2.5" SSD, the max would be betweent 500-600MB/s.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ