Laptop display went blank after installing Intel Graphic Driver

Options
Ezasean
Ezasean Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

URGENT! Need Fix ASAP (I need to finish my final project T^T)
Blank black screen while installing Intel Graphic Driver

https://community.acer.com/en/post/question/notebooks Device Info:

Acer aspire VX5-591G

Windows 10 Home

Intel I5-7300HQ, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti

(further info on attachment - dxdiag.txt)

Hi, Recently my windows 10 got corrupted and I decided to reinstall it (fresh install) the first encounter was when windows update installed intel graphic driver, while on its process my laptop display went blank (it's alive but only shows black light) I have been searching for 2 days myself for the fix ( I managed to uninstall it via safe mode), the laptop is usable for light work only now because it's only using MS basic display adapter.

what I have tried to do:

1. Installing the latest driver from intel site
  2. Installing the driver from Acer site
  3. Updating latest Bios
  4. I tried to connect to my 2nd monitor, but it isn't working either (it's said "your PC can't project to another screen, try reinstalling the driver or using other video card.
  5. Installing the driver in safe mode

Thank you for reading :)

Answers

• ModestasB
    ModestasB Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    I have same issue, did you sort yours out?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ezasean said:

URGENT! Need Fix ASAP (I need to finish my final project T^T)
    Blank black screen while installing Intel Graphic Driver

https://community.acer.com/en/post/question/notebooks Device Info:

Acer aspire VX5-591G

Windows 10 Home

Intel I5-7300HQ, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti

(further info on attachment - dxdiag.txt)

Hi, Recently my windows 10 got corrupted and I decided to reinstall it (fresh install) the first encounter was when windows update installed intel graphic driver, while on its process my laptop display went blank (it's alive but only shows black light) I have been searching for 2 days myself for the fix ( I managed to uninstall it via safe mode), the laptop is usable for light work only now because it's only using MS basic display adapter.

what I have tried to do:

1. Installing the latest driver from intel site
    2. Installing the driver from Acer site
    3. Updating latest Bios
    4. I tried to connect to my 2nd monitor, but it isn't working either (it's said "your PC can't project to another screen, try reinstalling the driver or using other video card.
    5. Installing the driver in safe mode

Thank you for reading :)

There is a problem with updating the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 driver from version 6911 to 7372, don't update it and leave the "Windows Update" OEM driver that works! The i5-7300HQ CPU that is inside your Aspire VX5-591G has an integrated GPU of the Intel HD 630 graphics and has a secondary graphics of the Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, as far as I'm aware there is a problem with the above driver 7372, if you can get into the OP system then uninstall the new 7372 driver and go back to the 6911 and don’t update from the “Intel Driver & Support Assistant”.

If that doesn’t work then start from the beginning and do another ‘Clean Install of Win-10” and only do a Microsoft “Windows Update” because a “Windows Update” will update your Intel Graphics to the latest driver "That Work" as it will do an update to all Intel drivers. Also update the appropriate hardware drivers that are missing from the Acer site (which there won't be many) for your Acer Aspire VX5-591G, it’s a simple process and you can’t go wrong!