Acer Laptop Keeps Restarting Frequently

roman720roman720 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited August 2020 in Members Lounge
Hi Everyone, I was using my acer laptop. As usual, I was using it casually like listening song on youtube and using facebook etc, I dont know what happen but it restarted. I thought may be it got overheated but after half an hour it again rebooted. I am facing this issue now for 2 days. It gets restarted frequently. I dont know the reason.

Edited the content by removing unrelated 3rd party link

Comments

• StevenGenStevenGen ACE Posts: 2,379 Pathfinder
    edited August 2020
    roman720 said:
    Hi Everyone, I was using my acer laptop. As usual, I was using it casually like listening song on youtube and using facebook etc, I dont know what happen but it restarted. I thought may be it got overheated but after half an hour it again rebooted. I am facing this issue now for 2 days. It gets restarted frequently. I dont know the reason.

Edited the content by removing unrelated 3rd party link

Firstly, what model laptop are you talking about? As there could be numerous problems why this happens, try these steps "one by one' and see if these steps stops your laptop from restarting:

1. Disable the automatic restart option to view error messages 
    • In Windows 'type here to search' type in View advanced system settings.
    • Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart, and then click OK.
    2. Check for failed hardware –restarting problems happen because of Increased heat inside the laptop which can cause hardware failures. Clean fans, repaste cpu/gpu and clean vents on your laptop bottom case.

3. Update the BIOS - just remember that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" and by Acer's procedures. 

4. Perform a Win-10 'Reset this PC' or 'Restore to a previous date'