Problem wireless RANGE Acer F5-571-70AR

Options
Omario
Omario Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The wireless was fun. the moment i decided to add more RAM my wireless range get down, i can't even connect to my Wifi. I have to put it close ( very close )to  be able to have connection. 
I already updated the driver check the settings nothing worked. If you have any ideas pls !! 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Omario said:
    The wireless was fun. the moment i decided to add more RAM my wireless range get down, i can't even connect to my Wifi. I have to put it close ( very close )to  be able to have connection. 
    I already updated the driver check the settings nothing worked. If you have any ideas pls !! 

You might have disturbed your Aspire E5-571 (its not the F5-571) as most of them have a Qualcomm Atheros QCWB335 WiFi/BT card (btw, they also come with either a Broadcom or Intel WiFi/BT cards) and its connection(s) and/or its antenna wires which are the (white/black 1-MAIN or 2-MAIN) are lose, this might have happened while you upgraded your RAM. Open your laptop up and check those components and wires again and if they are not disconnected or the card is not out of its socket. As this is a very unusual problem and it has nothing to do with software, it’s all hardware related. If this doesn’t fix your problem then your Qualcomm Atheros QCWB335 WiFi/BT card is faulty so replace it, see caption below, see this guide here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Aspire+E5-571+WiFi+Replacement/51954 of how to "Acer Aspire E5-571 WiFi Replacement".

• Omario
    Omario Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Omario said:

You might have disturbed your Aspire E5-571 (its not the F5-571) as most of them have a Qualcomm Atheros QCWB335 WiFi/BT card (btw, they also come with either a Broadcom or Intel WiFi/BT cards) and its connection(s) and/or its antenna wires which are the (white/black 1-MAIN or 2-MAIN) are lose, this might have happened while you upgraded your RAM. Open your laptop up and check those components and wires again and if they are not disconnected or the card is not out of its socket. As this is a very unusual problem and it has nothing to do with software, it’s all hardware related. If this doesn’t fix your problem then your Qualcomm Atheros QCWB335 WiFi/BT card is faulty so replace it, see caption below, see this guide here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Aspire+E5-571+WiFi+Replacement/51954 of how to "Acer Aspire E5-571 WiFi Replacement".

thanks for your answer. I m sure my laptop is Acer F5-571G-70AR.  the problem is I already tried this yesterday, switching the black/white, remplacing the Qualcomm Atheros with 2 others still not working, I even reboot my laptop with new system. To be honest I don t know what to do really :(