ace es1-432-cy8d

Options
janmix52
janmix52 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I accidentally purchased 8g ram  but there is already existing built in which is 2g. My maximum ram is 8g. All in all I have 10g. Will there be a negative impact in my laptop. Can I remove the built in 2g ram in the motherboard?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    Options
    janmix52 said:
    I accidentally purchased 8g ram  but there is already existing built in which is 2g. My maximum ram is 8g. All in all I have 10g. Will there be a negative impact in my laptop. Can I remove the built in 2g ram in the motherboard?
    Your ES1-432-CY8D is the same spec as the ES1-432 and can take a max mem of 8GB (removable) it has 1x slot (1 bank of 1) and comes with standard mem of 4GB (removable) the Aspire ES1-432 does not have 2Gb ram built in, it comes with standard 1x 2Gb or 1x 4GB ram and that 1x slot can be upgraded to 8GB max for a total of 8GB, it can take the 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM ram.

• janmix52
    Options
    would there be a negative impact to my laptop if may ram is 10g?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options
    janmix52 said:
    would there be a negative impact to my laptop if may ram is 10g?
    There is no 2GB onboard ram on your ES1-432-CY8D. Where did you get that specification from? As and from my info, the ES1-432 has one bank of SODIMM ram and comes with standrd or OEM 1x 2GB stick or 1x 4GB stick DDR3L ram that is removable and that can be changed to 8GB max ram, simple. you can't have 10GB as there is no 2GB ram onboard. Most onboard rams are 4GB and they have either 2x banks of removable or 1x banksof removable ram and these banks are an addition to the onboard ram. 
  • janmix52
    Options
    If you will look at the image I have have 10g ram because I was not able to remove the previous ram which is 2g and I add 8g ram to the slot available.
  • janmix52
    Options
    At this point, I just want to know what would be the possible complication of having too much ram? I don't have plan to keep it.
    Thank you so much for your response a while ago.