My Adapter Charger heats up

Willguid123
Willguid123 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello Acer, I just got my Nitro 7 and everything seems to be fine, but one thing I noticed is that even tho Im charging my laptop which is turned of, my adapter heats up very hot within just 20 to 30 mins. It would hurt me if I touch it even for 2 seconds.
Please tell me if its just normal or should I get a new adapter. 

Thank you! 

Answers

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    This is certainly abnormal. Either you are using it in a very hot weather or else there is something wrong with your charger. 
    Excessive heat buildup is possible while intensive and long gaming(resulting in it turning off automatically) but it happening when the laptop is idle is unacceptable.
  • Willguid123
    Willguid123 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Update : its my 3rd time charging it when the laptop is off. I just got my Nitro 7 yesyerday so i havent been able to use and charge this for a week. I can actually hold the hot adapter for alteast 10 seconds. I think i overly expressed and miscalculated that it would hurt me even when just touching it for 2 seconds. I was wrong there.
    So the fact that its hot but i can still hold the box thingy/ adapter in my hands for atleast 10 seconds. Is this still consided abnormal or is it just normal? 
  • I know it may be a stupid question, but have you ever taken the temperature with a thermometer? That way, you would know the exact temperature that the power adapter is reaching.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)