XB271HU Flickering and Pixel Distortion

ppram
ppram Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I bought the Acer Predator XB271HU a month ago and ever since I got it I've been dealing with infrequent screen flickers that last for only a fraction of a second. When the display comes back, however, there's a few columns worth of pixels going down the middle of my screen that are distorted. It's very easy to see if there's text there; the letters are skewed and unreadable. Furthermore, an even more bizarre issue is that sometimes it will clone whatever is displayed in those few columns of pixels and show it on the right side of the monitor (see here https://i.imgur.com/VVPKYAT.jpg). Turning the monitor off and on again will fix the issue. I've searched for solutions but I've seen many different things and I'm not sure if it's an issue with the monitor's firmware, nvidia's software, or the DP cable I'm using.

GeForce Experience Driver Version: 451.48
Monitor Firmware Version: 20190613_0_3010_14

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I've heard of similar symptoms when the DP cable isn't fully seated at both ends. They should click into place. That cable supports DP 1.2, and I believe your monitor is also DP 1.2, so it should work. It's somewhat longer than I would have chosen though, and the longer the cable the more degradation occurs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zelab
    Zelab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, i just wanted to say, that i have the exact same problem on the same model. Screen randomly going off, where sometimes the middel pixels stick to one side SUPER WIERD. I also have the newest Nvidia driver and a 3m displayport cable. I have captured the weird black screen flickering on cam. https://youtu.be/du8feqQvB-U 
    It should be said, that the whole screen turns off, as seen on the video, and my 2nd screen is completely unaffected getting me to belive, that this is a problem with the monitor, but im not sure, because at the same time...
    The screen blackout is not consistant, you can see in the video, that it goes completly insane that time when i was in blender, but is completly fine on my desktop and in my browser and does it periodically in games. i cant find the cause...
    I have tried to reset the monitors firmware, did notning.
    My Graphics card(s):
    MSI 1080 8GB (connected to main monitor, using displayport, 1440p @ 144hz, g-sync enabled) 
    ASUS 960 2GB (connected to second monitor, using HDMI, 1080p @ 60hz)
    I have not tried changing the cable, but i can try that, im just doubtful that it will work.

If anyone knows the solution or if you solved the problem, please let me know! :)
  • Zelab
    Zelab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, i brought a 2m displayport 1.4 cable, and it worked!
    So upgrading to a shorter 1.4 cable, will probably work for you as well