A315-41G, 1.17 BIOS bootloop

2»

Answers

• This user from the Portuguese community, has the model a315-41 without the dedicated video card: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/comment/845278#Comment_845278
    He updated the bios to version 1.17 and does not have the same problem. The difference is that the model a315-41g has a dedicated amd video card, so what happens when you disable the dedicated video card in the windows device manager? Does the same problem occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Adefe
    Adefe Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

This user from the Portuguese community, has the model a315-41 without the dedicated video card: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/comment/845278#Comment_845278
    He updated the bios to version 1.17 and does not have the same problem. The difference is that the model a315-41g has a dedicated amd video card, so what happens when you disable the dedicated video card in the windows device manager? Does the same problem occur?
    After all actions done before, it cannot even work with bios. Now, it reloads when powered with battery even without attempt to load windows, so I thing disabling something in windows is useless. I cannot find option to turn of radeon 535 in bios, so i can't test only on vega. 

See my messages above, guy with a315-41 has exactly my problem. 
  • No, the problem for the Brazilian user was different. His notebook was slow to start windows and for some reason, it was fixed with version 1.17. However, he has no problem using the notebook on the battery.

But I have already reported your problem to the moderators. You are not the only user who is having problems with version 1.17 of the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • After updating the bios, did windows update try to install these updates?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LinAGKar
    LinAGKar Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

So someone else is having exactly the same problem, which points to this indeed being a problem with the update. @Adefe You said near the start of the the thread that yours did not restart if you entered, but now it does. Maybe that started when you set the BIOS password, as I had a BIOS password enabled all along.

For the record, I have a regular *-41, without discrete GPU, so it can't be related to the dGPU.

@egydiocoelho Windows did indeed install that AMD display update, though not the AMD system update (for that it installed 5.12.0.38).

I'll also repeat what I said in my thread, that since this started happening after a BIOS update, and it happens even before Windows is loaded, e.g. when I'm on the f12 boot menu or in Linux, it seems highly unlikely that it has anything to do with anything in Windows.
  • That's why I suggested that you try to disconnect the lition battery and the rtc battery from the CMOS for some time, to see if it solves the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe
    Adefe Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

That's why I suggested that you try to disconnect the lition battery and the rtc battery from the CMOS for some time, to see if it solves the problem.
    No news from moderators? There are still no new bios. On Acer website. 
  • They haven't answered yet. I was talking to colleague @ kno63, who has the a315-41 model and he also updated the bios to version 1.17 and had no problems. I think there is something specific about the a315-41g models. It may not solve the problem, but try updating windows again and also uninstall these two drivers and restart windows:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jorge7
    Jorge7 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

this is the solution

1. download BIOS 1.15 when you run it you will get the box "The version of ROM is not newer than of BIOS" DO NOT CLOSE it until a few steps later

2. go to the C: \ Users \ (your username) \ AppData \ Local \ Temp link you will find the folder "7zS6F91.tmp" (or with a similar name)

3. paste the folder on a flash drive, when it sticks you can close the box that mentions you at the beginning "The version of ROM is not newer than of BIOS"

4. inside the folder you will find a file "platform" open it and find the following text:

[Bios_Version_Check]
    Flag = 2

you must change Flag = 2 for Flag = 0 (save changes.)

5. move the folder from your flash drive to your desktop.

6. Run "H2OFFT-Wx64" which is inside the folder and the BIOS should install normally.

If it worked, I would like you to tell me how long it takes for the notebook to load from 10% to 100% and how long it takes to download from 100% to 10%.

this is for a test i am doing and see if the equipment works properly.

• LinAGKar

Tinkerer

They haven't answered yet. I was talking to colleague @ kno63, who has the a315-41 model and he also updated the bios to version 1.17 and had no problems. I think there is something specific about the a315-41g models. It may not solve the
    problem, but try updating windows again and also uninstall these two drivers and restart windows:

No, as I said, I have the non-g version, and has the same problem.

Also, again with the Windows stuff. This has nothing to do with Windows.
  • In this case, you can try the suggestion of colleague @Jorge7. But remember that downgrade is a risky procedure.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jzamoras
    jzamoras Member Posts: 3 New User
    downgrade bios to 1.15 and it will be fixed
  • dikawaduh
    dikawaduh Member Posts: 4 New User
    hey bro, did ur bootloop without charger get fixed ? i have some problem with same laptop too
  • dikawaduh
    dikawaduh Member Posts: 4 New User
    jzamoras said:
    downgrade bios to 1.15 and it will be fixed
    i havent uprgraded bios to 1.15, the older bios was 1.13
    how to downgrade bios to 1.15?
  • @dikawaduh If you have upgraded to version 1.17 and you are not experiencing any problems, you do not need to downgrade. Now, if you have upgraded to version 1.17 and are having problems with the touchpad or battery, see this user's response:
    Jorge7 said:

this is the solution

1. download BIOS 1.15 when you run it you will get the box "The version of ROM is not newer than of BIOS" DO NOT CLOSE it until a few steps later

2. go to the C: \ Users \ (your username) \ AppData \ Local \ Temp link you will find the folder "7zS6F91.tmp" (or with a similar name)

3. paste the folder on a flash drive, when it sticks you can close the box that mentions you at the beginning "The version of ROM is not newer than of BIOS"

4. inside the folder you will find a file "platform" open it and find the following text:

[Bios_Version_Check]
    Flag = 2

6. Run "H2OFFT-Wx64" which is inside the folder and the BIOS should install normally.

If it worked, I would like you to tell me how long it takes for the notebook to load from 10% to 100% and how long it takes to download from 100% to 10%.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• OFFER2020
    OFFER2020 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Problem solved, with that procedure I was able to dowgrade the BIOS from version 1.17 to 1.15, solving the problem that the laptop did not start only with the battery.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.
  • CJ_GreG
    CJ_GreG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Jorge7 said:

this is the solution

[Bios_Version_Check]
    Flag = 2

Thanks a lot for the manual.
    This rollback procedure helped with the problem of running on battery power. With power from the network, BIOS 1.17 worked as it should. After the rollback to BIOS version 1.15, it already works from the battery as it should.
    I do not advise installing BIOS version 1.17 for the time being, otherwise there will be a trouble with battery operation.
  • LinAGKar

Tinkerer

There is now, finally, a new firmware version 1.18 at https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7540?b=1 and https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7600?b=1, which mentions "Fix DC mode system reboot loop issue" among the changes. I'll try updating to that.
  • LinAGKar

Tinkerer

I can confirm that 1.18 fixes the boot loop issue.