Upgrading a pre-built Aspire PC

Maeanes
Maeanes Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I was wondering if an RX 470/480/560/570/580 will fit into a pre-built aspire pc. To be specific my pc is an Aspire TC-605. I saw that a GTX 1060 single fan will fit into it or like a GTX 1050 mini which is true but I was wondering if any xfx amd with two fans ( I think they all come with two fans ) will fit into it. I love the RX 470 becuase it's an absolute beast for it's price. Fast answers will be appreciated.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Maeanes
    If it's worth mentioning, I have a 500W power supply and an i7 4th gen.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,261 Trailblazer
    The TC-605 has a pretty standard case size so you should be able to mount most cards in fine. Double check the depth under the HDD if you are so equipped. You have plenty of room between the X16 slot and the bottom of the case, so card width doesn't really come into play.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Maeanes
    billsey said:
    The TC-605 has a pretty standard case size so you should be able to mount most cards in fine. Double check the depth under the HDD if you are so equipped. You have plenty of room between the X16 slot and the bottom of the case, so card width doesn't really come into play.
    Hi, thanks for replying. To make sure before ordering the RX 580, are you sure it will fit in? I did take a quick picture before closing the case to show you a preview of the inside and I did notice something that MAY block the way of the graphics card. I'm not sure what it is as im not amazing at PC's but I see a cable that's plugged in next to the graphics card and I THINK it will be blocking the way. If you can tell me what it is that would be amazing. ( I didn't put in a power supply in yet because im waiting for the graphics card )
  • billsey
    That cable brings the audio ports up to the front panel and it shouldn't interfere, you just bend it out of the way if needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Maeanes
    So I can put in an RX 580/570 ?
  • billsey
    Yeah, those should work fine.