Issues with XB273 (help!)

Jay13579
Jay13579 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi, After owning this monitor for a few days, here are a couple of issues. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated ! 

1) When the monitor awakens from Deep Sleep, the refresh rate drops on its own from 120Hz to 30Hz (and sometimes 84Hz). The maximum refresh rate options are then no longer available in nvidia Control Panel or in Display Settings. Only a restart will make them come back. Turning off Deep Sleep and allowing the monitor to just "Sleep" via the Windows Settings panel resolves this problem. Then, the monitor will sleep and when it wakes up the refresh rate is maintained. But this leads to the second problem below.

2) However, turning off Deep Sleep means that even when you power down the computer (i.e. no signal at all going to the monitor) and switch off the monitor (LED light in the front is off), the fan keeps spinning and doesn't stop. In my case, the fan kept spinning overnight, and the base of the monitor was hot to the touch in the morning. Switching off the power source at the plug stopped the fan. Surely, this should not be the normal mode of operation. I can't remember the last time I had to pull the power plug on a monitor to switch if off completely, even if the PC is off.

Answers

• tonynca
    tonynca Member Posts: 9 New User
    Same issue here with X27-P monitor.