SF315-52G-59WV ACER Swift 3 SF315 Microphon is not working

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,519 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: SF315-52G-59WV ACER Swift 3 SF315 Microphon is not working.

Answers

• vanand_gasparyan
    vanand_gasparyan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi @bumbler,

I also have the same laptop, installed Kubuntu 20.04 and I'm having the same issue with the microphone.
    I tried some hacks online, but nothing worked. The furthest I got is recording a (constant, indistinguishable) noise instead of dead silence.
    But I couldn't understand/follow the bugzilla thread.

Do you have any updates?
  • bumbler
    bumbler Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    unfortunately no. I try to follow the comments on the bugzilla forum, but so far only audio output and the noise-recording you mentioned is working. I still hope for an updated driver released into the linux kernel.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Would updating the bios solve the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bumbler
    bumbler Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    I would not know how to update the BIOS running Linux. And in addition I try to avoid doing anything to the BIOS as to not brick the Laptop. The solution so far is to use an external USB-microphone. This works but is a workaround.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I understand. The safest option is to update the bios through windows.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)