how to optimize my predator helios 300 for gaming??

Options
asocrab
asocrab Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
this is the laptop i bought back in january, and i'm not really tech savvy at all so i don't really know what people mean when they say to optimize your gaming settings. or how to do that?
another thing is that i'm not sure if i'm supposed to put turbo mode on or just keep it off when the laptop gets really hot. like i can't touch certain parts because of how hot it gets. I'm not really sure if that's normal or how to deal with that.
I remember getting really ***** off a month or two ago because I couldn't play minecraft above 20 fps with shaders on. somehow I can play paladins or an ac game at 70 fps with high settings but suddenly minecraft shaders is a big deal? right. either way, i thought maybe the optimization settings or gaming settings was the problem. so if anyone has any ideas or teach me how to make things better in baby talk, that'd be great! thank you

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. First try to optimize windows:
    You can optimize your computer's configuration:
    a) put the notebook in high performance in the power options;
    b) disable batteryboost in the geforce experience;
    c) place the nvidia video card as the main one on the nvidia control panel, so that the games work with the nvidia video card;
    d) let the battery charge 100%;
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • asocrab
    asocrab Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. First try to optimize windows:
    You can optimize your computer's configuration:
    a) put the notebook in high performance in the power options;
    b) disable batteryboost in the geforce experience;
    c) place the nvidia video card as the main one on the nvidia control panel, so that the games work with the nvidia video card;
    d) let the battery charge 100%;
    Thank you! I'll watch the video and try to figure out how to do those. 
    also, I think PH315-52-78VL is the model, as that's what it says in the amazon link i input, although i'm not sure
    the laptop is always plugged in, so thankfully i don't think that's a problem ^^