Is there no way to get a prepaid shipping label to Acer's repair center?

Options
Nijindia
Nijindia Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I've had an issue with my Acer XB271HU for months now (something like dead pixels but it only shows up in dark colors and looks like an internal scratch and shows up as a pink dash on dark colors), but I haven't been able to ship it simply due to the fact that shipping a 27" monitor costs me too much. It's not something I can afford after spending ~$600 on the monitor. I can barely pay for shipping to even get it checked out, if the problem is not under warranty I'm not gonna be able to pay for the fixes, which will mean all the money spent on shipping wasted, and that does not leave a good taste in my mouth. I love Acer monitors, but if this is how RMAs are going to be handled I'm afraid that I won't be buying from Acer anymore, as to customers like me on such a limited budget the RMA might as well not exist because I cannot afford to pay for shipping such a large product.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You are going to have to have contact with Acer support on that. This is a consumer support board and the few Acer employees who are here sometimes are the ones who administer the board, not someone with that sort of authority...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jh826
    jh826 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Were you able to obtain it? I called the customer service after I got my case number and he told me they will email me a prepaid shipping label in 2 business day.
  • Nijindia
    Nijindia Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @jh826
    Yeah that's what they said to me the first 2 times I contacted them. No I never got my label. I will not be buying from them anymore and I think you should too. They outright lied when they said they'd send me a prepaid label, because the next email told me to pay for shipping. Very upset with how they treat their customers.
  • jh826
    Options
    I see, I will give them another call to see what's up. Will probably get new monitors (not from acer) at some point if this monitor annoys me enough. 
  • jh826
    Options
    Nijindia said:
    @jh826
    Yeah that's what they said to me the first 2 times I contacted them. No I never got my label. I will not be buying from them anymore and I think you should too. They outright lied when they said they'd send me a prepaid label, because the next email told me to pay for shipping. Very upset with how they treat their customers.
    I didn't get the email within two days like the first guy told me so I just called again this morning and this guy sent me one immediately.