How do I transfer photos to hdd?

Options
SC60
SC60 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Recently purchased ACER - PO3-600 Intel® Core™ i5 GTX 1660 Ti Gaming PC - 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD. I am trying to transfer photos/documents etc from portable hard drive to new computer. Have started with photos but comes up can't transfer as ssd full. How do I transfer to hdd instead as never got choice of which to transfer to.   I'm am not a computer person so please explain in simple terms :-) 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good afternoon SC60 !

Just access Windows Explorer (Windows key + E) and choose 1Tb HDD disk drive to store files there.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    In more detail, with Windows Explorer up use the tree on the left to enter This PC, then the big partition (likely D: or E:). Create a folder there for Pictures and another for Documents. Navigate back to your Pictures in the Quick Access section, select all pictures then right click and drag to the Pictures folder you created on the big drive. When you release that right click it will give you a menu, choose Move in order to both put the pictures on the big drive and remove them from the SSD. Repeat for your Documents folder. You will want to make sure any time you create a new document or picture to save it on the big drive instead of the default.
    There are ways you can make those new folders your defaults, but they tend to break some Windows updates, so I usually stay away from them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.