Can I add an Ethernet dapter to my Acer Swift 3 SF314-41?

Options
eneko98
eneko98 Member Posts: 3 New User
3 weeks ago I bought an Acer Swift 3 Portátil Ultrafino | SF314-41  I noticed that it doesnt have an Ethernet port an I was wondering if I could buy an Ethernet adapter tu put it in one of the USB ports that it has, can anyone recommend me one Ethernet adapter that is compatible with this acer?

Thank you in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,094 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    I would suggest you this USB Type-C/Ethernet adapter.
    France
  • Chrislaptop9
    Chrislaptop9 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi Can I add an ethernet port via the Thunderbolt 4 port? I bought an Apple thunderbolt to ethernet adaptor but it doesn't fit the Acer port. I thought it would be better to use the Thunderbolt than the usb port as it would give higher speed for video conferencing, as my wifi is struggling? Is that the case? If you can, can you put a link to the thunderbolt to ethernet part too. Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remember that Ethernet is typically 1Gbps and USB 3.0 is 5Gbps. So no need for TBT to run an Ethernet adapter. That being said it should work. Is the Apple adapter for an older TBT version? TBT 1 and 2 used a different form factor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.