FORTNITE LAG FIX GUIDE

Options
GAMING6698
GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,544 Pathfinder
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
However, before I get on with the details on how you can fix Fortnite lag, let us talk about why players come across such issues in the game. Unlike other video games, lag can be a byproduct of a number of things which include abnormalities in both, your internet connection and your gaming rig. So, before you get on with fixing Fortnite lag, it is essential to do some important step that works in all games-

1)The first that should be done in a scenario where your system is really slow is to get rid of unwanted programs. There are a lot of programs that run in the background and uses a portion of your resources. These programs can cause a lot of lag in your Windows especially if there are quite a few of them. so turn off background apps from settings and disable startup apps from task manager.
2)keep your window up-to-date
3)update your graphic driver.your computer doesn't natively know how to use all the feature of your video card so,it needs a driver to do that
4)Turn off hardware acceleration
   using discord? using chrome? then you can do this little optimization.This will improve game performance in all games.so, Disable hardware acceleration from settings.
5)Turn on window game mode feature
6) Delete temp files
7)Use high performance power plan
8)Normally it is advisable to use AC adapter while playing games for better performance

NOW finally, see how you can increase you fortnite fps and boost your performance
optimize video settings

1)

In graphics quality,
-USE NATIVE FULLSCREEN DISPLAY RESOLUTION
-Turn off VSYNC,MOTION BLUR,USE GPU CRASH DEBUGGING(IMPORTANT)
-SET QUALITY TO LOW
You can set video resolution by own
i)view distance (near)
ii)shadows (off)
iii)anti-aliasing (off)
iv)texture (low)
v)effects and post processing (low)
vi)Set multithreaded Rendering to on
vii)use directx11 it will give you better performance because dx12 is in beta mode and it is unstable your graphic card may crush
viii)framerate (unlimited)

In game tab(icon like gear)

-turn off
i)RECORD REPLAYS
ii)record large team replays
iii)RECORD CREATIVE MODE REPLAYS
(THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BOOST YOUR FPS AND PERFORMANCE)

In mouse and keyboard settings(important)

set X-AXIS SENSTIVITY TO 27 TO 30% ONLY (HIGHER CAUSE SCREEN TEARING IF YOU HAVE LOW REFREASHRY RATE DISPLAY)
ALSO SET Y-AXIS SENSTIVITY TO 27 TO 30% ONLY

Targeting senstivity to 60% and scope senstivity to 55%
Pro players always use low dpi and high sensitivity 

IN AUDIO SETTINGS

-CHANGE SOUND QUALITY TO LOW INSTEAD OF HIGH

Higher audio quality results in more CPU cycles devoted to sound playback, which means less power for the graphics and high dpi is not always good.i don't know how i explain about DPI

we done with all games setting but dont play now simply save these settings and exit fortnite there are two main steps left

2)FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME

FOLLOW THE PATH FROM IMAGE AND LOCATE THESE 4 .EXE FILE
i)RIGHT CLICK ON .EXE FILES ONE BY ONE
ii)GO TO PROPERTIES
iii)GO TO COMPATIBILITY OPTION
iv)CHECK THE DISABLE FULLSCREEN OPTIMIZATION BOX THEN CLICK ON CHANGE HIGH DPI SETTINGS CHECK THE HIGH DPI SCALING OVERRIDE BY APPLICATION BOX
V)OK AND HIT APPLY.

LAST STEP-

PRESS WINDOW KEY + R TO OPEN RUN
WRITE IN BOX %localappdata% hit ok

Go to FortniteGame>saved>config>windowClient
right click on gameusersettings then properties and un-check the read only box then apply and open gameusersettins config file

i)Find sg.ShadingQuality and set value 0 (by default value is 3)
ii)find bShowGrass and change true to false
iii)find DisplayGamma and set the value 1.000000

now save and close then again right click on gameusersettings go to properties and check read only box again and apply.

OPTIONAL STEP THIS STEP WILL IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE BUT ONLY USE IF YOU READY TO SECRIFIES YOUR BATTERY BACKUP BECAUSE IT WILL DRAIN YOUR BATTERY FAST

PRESS WINDOW KEY + X AND CLICK ON WINDOW POWERSHELL(ADMIN)
PASTE THIS COMMAND AND CLICK ENTER

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

THIS PLAN AVAILABLE YOUR ULTIMATE PERFRMANCE MODE
SET ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE MODE FROM POWERPAN SETTINS

ENJOY FORTNITE
IT FEELS SO GREAT THAT I MADE THIS GUIDE FOR YOU ALL
windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Best Answer

Answers