Aspire V7-482PG Bios Recovery

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Good luck whatever you decide to do. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Shaharyar Member Posts: 54 Troubleshooter
    Hi. So finally today I received the BIOS USB Programmer and I successfully wrote the latest ZRQ.fd into the chip and tried to power on but this time the laptop just gave a power flash like turned on for one second than went off. After that I again wrote the backup bios file into chip which I saved before and now the laptop is again behaving the same. So what I understand so far is the bios file which is not compatible. I need find the exact bios file. Help please.
  • Shaharyar
    The chip is here
  • Shaharyar
    Winbond (Best possible zoom)

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    The only binary FD files that we as users have access to, are those extracted from the compressed files at this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4846?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• You should probably re-record the EC bios as well.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shaharyar
    Which chip holds the EC Bios ? Can you help me identify ? 
  • Shaharyar

How to re-record EC ? The main chip is re-recorded with the backup binary file. Kindly help
  • Shaharyar

Help me identify 
  • It looks like it's the U14 (ec) and U34 (MAIN) chip.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shaharyar
    Thank you. I found U34. Which is here

• Shaharyar
    First I took backup of the binary inside the chip than re-record the binary again but the problem is still the same. Both U14(EC) and U34(Main) are re-recorded with the actually binary which were present before.
  • Shaharyar
    Is it possible to extract EC from the main binary file ? Like I want to extract EC and main from the latest ZRQ.fd. Please guide. Thank you.
  • I think you should google the EC bios file for your model. However, it is not allowed to post here in the community.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shaharyar
    I’m sorry about that. Before I googled it, there was not much information available for this specific model. But anyhow I’ll google more specific this time.
  • One question: I know you've already extracted this file .fd:

However, did you do this with version 2.30?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shaharyar
    From acer’s website
  • Shaharyar
    And there are few order versions also available on the acer’s website of my laptop. Can I try recording every version on U34 ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    You can try to retrieve the biography again, as published by colleague @JackE. However, try before disconnecting the battery, to restart the embedded controller and press the power for thirty seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shaharyar
    Ok thank you. I’ll try now