Power Consumption per day by Acer Aspire 7 Notebook | A717-72G

ADITYARYA
ADITYARYA Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hi all.
I thought of buying Acer Aspire 7 Notebook | A717-72G
https://de-store.acer.com/acer-aspire-7-notebook-a717-72g-schwarz-5?utm_source=www.acer.de&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=CLM&utm_content=NH.GXDEV.002
But after seeing the power consumption details mentioned in the tech data sheet, it says 
Maximum power supply wattage is 180 W
My question is 
1) How much power is consumed by laptop if i use the laptop only for my office work for 10 hours a day ( Excel , PPT, watching live tv, trading in stock market software (All international stock market software, followed by heaving browsing in google chrome, Tradingview.com and investing.com)

2) what will be the power consumption by the same laptop i use the laptop for 2 hours gaming (medium level game) followed by 10 hours office work  (like above mentioned usage)

Any suggestions to  select an alternate notebook for my heavy office usage , I am looking only at 17 inch laptop ( i have already two HP 15 inch laptop)

Any suggestions will really help me in selecting the acer laptop 

Thanks and Regards, 

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    There is no way to calculate this way.
    As I informed you, there are dozens of factors, from usage mode, configuration (brightness, wireless, power plan, etc.) among others.
    There is no way to measure.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good afternoon ADITYARYA !

Your question is entirely relative.
    Consumption cannot be measured with the information you have provided.
    It depends on several factors such as type of access, system configuration, usage mode, among others.

What you should know is that the more performance the device requires, the greater the cost.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ADITYARYA
    ADITYARYA Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2020
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot for the reply.

I would like to know what will be the minimum power consumption if we use the laptop (Acer Aspire 7 Notebook | A717-72G) only  for trading software.

Laptop adapter says max consumption is  180W, i was interested in knowing the approximate minimum power consumption ?

Thanks and Regards, 

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    There is no way to calculate this way.
    As I informed you, there are dozens of factors, from usage mode, configuration (brightness, wireless, power plan, etc.) among others.
    There is no way to measure.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• DeepakJacob
    DeepakJacob Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2021
    Hi guys,    

I bought an Acer Aspire 7 three days before,via Flipkart. I think the charge is draining out very fast. I simply checked the time taken for the charge to reach 40% from 80%, and it  was just 1hr 10 minutes. Is this normal? I strongly believe there is a battery complaint ? Can anyone please help me by saying whether this is normal or not ?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @DeepakJacob,

Yes it normal. To improve battery lifespan try these,

1. Disable UI animations and shadows. ...
    2. Turn off wireless signals when not in use ...
    3. Disable background apps. ...
    4. Manage startup apps and services. ...
    5. Turn off some of the CPU processors. ...
    6. Prevent your PC from heating. ...
    7. Check issues with battery drainage. ...
    8. Using a third-party battery optimization app.