Helios 500 AMD 2700 freesync no longer working

Options
AkumaBKK
AkumaBKK Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
After the constant uninstalling/installing of AMD drivers over the last few years I have just about had enough with this laptop. The complete lack of support from Acer for this laptop will steer me well clear from purchasing another Acer product and I will encourage everyone I know to stay away too. I spent what I considered I fair price for a gaming laptop. A gaming laptop should be able to update to the latest drivers from the GPU manufacture installed you would think, but NO not this piece of shite.  
I was putting up with sleep,hibernate problem and getting over the constant driver downloads and uninstalling but now whatever I do Freesync will not enable.
CRU on all settings, frsh windows install everything and yet nothing.
I consider this laptop not fit for purpose now and it runs my game not as it's intended to do so. No wonder they discontinued this unit.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @AkumaBKK Are you using the latest AMD 2020 Control Center?
    download and install it here then check out Freesync, I know the sleep/hibernate problem is fixed https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-4

Please click YES if I have answered your question 

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab. NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have outlined

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• LennartF
    LennartF Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I get freesync working with 19.6.3 if I first install Acer's own and driver and then express install not the newest but better than 19.5.2 and I keep freesync and sleep.
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    Options
    LennartF said:
    I get freesync working with 19.6.3 if I first install Acer's own and driver and then express install not the newest but better than 19.5.2 and I keep freesync and sleep.
    19.6.3 is a driver from last years Control Center.. AMD have launched a new Control Center for 2020, you are using outdated drivers

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• LennartF
    LennartF Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I know that but I also know that sleep isn't working in latest version. Not sure about freesync is it working or not in later version?
  • andylb
    Options
    LennartF said:
    I know that but I also know that sleep isn't working in latest version. Not sure about freesync is it working or not in later version?

Curious because sleep works for me, it didn’t when it was first launched but it was corrected  by one of the driver updates. Freesync works

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• AkumaBKK
    AkumaBKK Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    @AkumaBKK Are you using the latest AMD 2020 Control Center?
    download and install it here then check out Freesync, I know the sleep/hibernate problem is fixed https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-4

Please click YES if I have answered your question 

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab. NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have outlined

I am using Adrenalin 2020 20.1.4, I have tried launching games through Adrenalin with no difference. Guess I will wait and hope AMD fix Acer's problem because Acer don't seem to care about this Laptop and the mess it's in. 
  • andylb
    Options
    @AkumaBKK, weird that your Freesync doesn’t work, it Hasn’t been a problem that others with your model have really had any issue with. What is your full model number?

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★