Aspire V7-482PG Bios Recovery

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Do you recall if the black screen happened suddenly for no apparent reason? I ask because the BIOS chip boot section seems to be damaged.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Shaharyar Member Posts: 54 Troubleshooter
    It happened suddenly. Is there a way to check the motherboard ? 
  • JackE
    I think we already have to the extent we can without testing equipment. And the prognosis is poor.

The only options left to us is to try to discharge the BIOS chip in hopes of resetting it to a default state. The first method would be to remove the charger and battery pack if no reset pinhole is available on the bottom. Then press and hold the power button for about a minute. 

The second and more difficult way is to try to remove the BIOS coin cell if it's reasonably accessible without removing the whole mainboard. Then short out the cell's terminals on the mainboard also for about a minute.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Can you explain what is shorting the terminals ? I can access and remove the cell.
  • JackE
    The mainboard coin cell holder has one contact that touches the plus+ terminal of the coin cell. It also has another contact that touches the minus- terminal of the coin cell. With the coin cell removed, these two mainboard contacts are connected together with a short piece of wire or using the tip of a screwdriver. This is called shorting the terminals. Shorting with a wire or metallic screwdriver allows any of the cell's + or - charges remaining on the BIOS chip to neutralize one another. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    I took a small pieces of wire and connect the +- together and left the laptop for 5mins after that I plugged power but still same problem. Blue Laptop led with no display, fans spins for about 1,2 secs than stops. 
  • Shaharyar
    No other technique ? 
  • JackE
    Try the FN+ESC again on both the ZRQ.FD and ZRQ_230.FD files. If still no response from either, and assuming the BIOS boot section is repairable, the safest choice is to arrange for ACER out-of-warranty recovery of the BIOS chip. The cost will likely be the equivalent of about $100 USD to try to recover it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Ok 👍🏻 Thank you. I’ll try again putting both the files. Thank you for your help and sharing your knowledge. Really appreciate that. Thanks.
  • Shaharyar
    For this boot section repairing, does it requires soldering or its just the software side ? And like can I do this repairing by myself ? 
  • JackE
    No. Sorry. It's not user accessible except by proprietary methods available only to BIOS licensees like ACER service.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Alright. Thanks.
  • You must format the pendrive in fat32 and convert it to mbr:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Thanks. egydiocoelho
    I would've hoped we'd been using an MBR FAT32 stick all along!!! Right Shaharyar ??   :o   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    I was just formatting the usb stick in fat32 😟. How come I forgot diskpart. Thank you for reminding. I’ll try this today and update accordingly. Can’t wait to reach home 😊.
  • Ok! Post the result here.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>I was just formatting the usb stick in fat32>>>

Seems OK. It's likely MBR already if it was store-bought. But double check anyway with DISKPART> list disk. GPT column is probably without asterisk. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    I tried again and followed the procedure but no luck. I used ZRQ.fd the only file but instead of using 2gb stick I used 8gb because I cannot find my 2gb stick which I was using before. Is it ok with 8gb ? Or can I use SD card with same procedure ? And put directly into the mb card slot.
  • Shaharyar
    Because I have one SD card with low capacity. 
  • You cannot use an sd card. You have to use a USB stick. If the recovery crisis is not working, try resetting the battery before performing the recovery crisis.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer