Why does the SW314-57-74V6 not have a Recovery Partition?

MOTOHEAD
MOTOHEAD Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This model only has SSD of 256GB. It came with Windows 10 Home installed.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Could you please post the Disk management snip like this:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    Note that there either needs to be another partition on the example @brummyfan2 posted or you need to have created a recovery image on an external drive in order to actually recover from a failure of some sort. His partitions are: 100MB EFI partition, extends BIOS image for UEFI boot, 452.82GB Windows partition, 1GB Recovery partition holds the files needed in order to launch the recovery environment. If he had a recovery image partition it would be somewhere around 10GB and would follow those.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Could you please post the Disk management snip like this:

• MOTOHEAD
    MOTOHEAD Member Posts: 6 New User
    Thanks. I used your prompts and found my way to Disk Management. I can see that my 256 GB SSD does in fact have a Recovery Partition. Thank you for your patience with me. I'm new to Windows 10 and Acer products.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    Note that there either needs to be another partition on the example @brummyfan2 posted or you need to have created a recovery image on an external drive in order to actually recover from a failure of some sort. His partitions are: 100MB EFI partition, extends BIOS image for UEFI boot, 452.82GB Windows partition, 1GB Recovery partition holds the files needed in order to launch the recovery environment. If he had a recovery image partition it would be somewhere around 10GB and would follow those.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.