Aspire V7-482PG Bios Recovery

Shaharyar
Shaharyar Member Posts: 54 Troubleshooter
Hi
I have aspire V7-482PG. I want to recovery bios. I downloaded and extracted the .exe file from acer website but there is no .fd file in it. 

Please help to recovery my laptops bios.

Best Answers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Download and try extracting the earliest version 2.24. If the binary isn't there either you can use 7zip, Winzip or Winrar to extract EXE file even further. You are looking for an extracted filename with a BIN, ROM, WPH or FD extension that must be renamed to ZRQ.FD.  Copy that file onto a FAT32 formatted USB pendrive. It must be the only file on the pendrive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    I extracted all the bios versions available on acer’s website for V7-482PG using 7zip but after extracting there is no file with fd, Bin, Rom, wph extension. 
  • Shaharyar
    I tried extracting further inside the exe file but there is binary file.
  • Shaharyar
    *there is no binary file.
  • JackE
    Try winrar &  winzip. If they fail, then try to run the EXE on another computer preferrably without Insyde bios. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    I tried extracting with winrar but still there is no binary file. Also I tried running the .exe but its giving error. 
  • JackE
    >>> Also I tried running the .exe but its giving error.  >>>

OK. When the error screen appears, DO NOT CLOSE IT. Minimize if possible but don't close it. Then open File Explorer. Then search this temporary sub-folder C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Local\Temp\ for a file named H2O*.exe.  In the this directory, you should find the FD file. Copy the FD file to the desktop so you don't lose it. Then close the error screen which will automatically erase the temporary directory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Thank you. The process you told me to extract the .fd file works :) thanks but my laptop is not picking the file I think. I tried all the bios versions available on the website (2.30,2.29,2.28,2.25,2.24) and extracted the .fd file with your procedure and tried the file one by one but no result.

This happens when I plug the usb and give power while holding fn+esc : The Laptop’s blue led starts to blink, both fans spins for about 1,2 secs than stops but the led keeps on blinking and this goes forever, if you press the power button again the laptop turns off.
  • JackE
    How big is your USB stick? BIOS chip boot section has very limited read capability. Probably best to use a small capacity USB drive even if it has no activity light. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    I’m using 2gb usb that’s the minimum I have.
  • JackE
    Should be OK. Is ZRQ.fd the only file in the root directory? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Yes. Only one file.
  • JackE
    OK. Let's retry the flash with the latest firmware verson with this exact procedure.

(1) Turn the laptop completely off.
    (2) Remove the  charger.
    (3) Plug in USB stick.
    (4) Press and hold Fn+ESC keys.
    (5) Plug in the charger while stll holding Fn+ESC keys. The power button should flash one time.
    (6) Then press the power button to turn the machine on. The USB LED should show actvity. You can release Fn+Esc.
    (7) When the flash is complete, the system should reboot by itself.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    Sure. I’ll try with this procedure now and let you know.
  • Shaharyar
    I tried with light activity usb but it didn’t work. Usb is showing no light activity on all the USB ports.
  • JackE
    What is the full filename of the latest extracted EXE firmware version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    2.30 is the latest version.
  • Shaharyar
    ZRQ_230.exe is the file I downloaded from acer’s website and after extracting I’m getting ZRQ.fd
  • JackE
    Change the fd filename to ZRQ_230.fd and try the FN+ESC routine again exactly as before. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaharyar
    No luck. ZRQ_230.fd is also not working. No usb stick led activity in all of the USB ports.