Registration problem

LianCarloLianCarlo Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi Guys, 

I tried to register my Nitro 5, since last week, but I am getting an error message that it was already registered. This is a brand new laptop that I just purchased on Jan 12, 2020. I have receipt and everything needed to have it validated. 
I tried to contact and email acer support but since last week and so far they only gave me one reply asking for pictures and screenshot which was early last week.. how many days do they usually respond how if they respond at all? I have sent them multiple follow up, but all fall on deaf ears.

Anyone has any ideas about this? Any help would be appreciated on this issue. Thanks.

Comments

  • APAce74APAce74 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm having the same problem, LianCarlo. I didn't email Acer yet but came here to see if anyone else had same problem or an answer from them.
  • You should send a private message to the moderators @Acer-Manny or @Acer-Karp.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

               
      egydiocoelho Trailblazer
     
    ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • APAce74APAce74 Member Posts: 3 New User
    egydiocoelho, thank you for your reply. I think I know what the problem is. The computer was a gift and the giftee already activated the computer so that means the computer is already registered under their email and screen name...This is my guess. If that is not the case, I will contact the moderators. Thank you again!
  • This is likely to have occurred. I just don't know if it is possible to change the record to your name.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

               
      egydiocoelho Trailblazer
     
    ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Acer Crew, Knowledge Author Posts: 3,611 Acer Crew
    LianCarlo said:
    Hi Guys, 

    I tried to register my Nitro 5, since last week, but I am getting an error message that it was already registered. This is a brand new laptop that I just purchased on Jan 12, 2020. I have receipt and everything needed to have it validated. 
    I tried to contact and email acer support but since last week and so far they only gave me one reply asking for pictures and screenshot which was early last week.. how many days do they usually respond how if they respond at all? I have sent them multiple follow up, but all fall on deaf ears.

    Anyone has any ideas about this? Any help would be appreciated on this issue. Thanks.
    I am very sorry to hear this LianCarlo, can you please send me a private message with the screenshot of the email you sent and the reply you received from Acer support, please?

    Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Acer Crew, Knowledge Author Posts: 3,611 Acer Crew
    APAce74 said:
    egydiocoelho, thank you for your reply. I think I know what the problem is. The computer was a gift and the giftee already activated the computer so that means the computer is already registered under their email and screen name...This is my guess. If that is not the case, I will contact the moderators. Thank you again!
    Please talk to the person who sold you this unit and ask him for the email account he used to register the unit and send it to me via private message for follow up, please.

    Best Regards,
    Acer-Manny
  • APAce74APAce74 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I purchased the laptop a few days ago from the store brand new for a family member. My main question is - Do I need to have the laptop registered under my name (I used my credit card and bought extended warranty) or can my family member register the laptop under his name and address? 
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Acer Crew, Knowledge Author Posts: 3,611 Acer Crew
    APAce74 said:
    I purchased the laptop a few days ago from the store brand new for a family member. My main question is - Do I need to have the laptop registered under my name (I used my credit card and bought extended warranty) or can my family member register the laptop under his name and address? 
    He can register the unit under his name and address but will need the original POP (proof of purchase) to validate the warranty when contacting Acer support.

    Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • AnaMaeAuAnaMaeAu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi! I can't register my laptop as well. Please help.
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 65,177 Trailblazer
    @AnaMaeAu Send a mensage private for the moderator @Acer-Karp.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

               
      egydiocoelho Trailblazer
     
    ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KarpKarp Member Posts: 2,631 Guru
    AnaMaeAu said:
    Hi! I can't register my laptop as well. Please help.
    We are sorry you are having this issue with registering your computer. Can you kindly send the SN and a screen shot of the error you are getting when trying to register your unit in a private message, please, so we can further assist you.

    Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

    Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, [email protected].
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1.1K

Acer-Laura
Acer-Laura
ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
corvusthegenius
corvusthegenius
Dvapower
Dvapower
EasySan
EasySan
Himanshu308
Himanshu308
Kno63
Kno63
LKZIN
LKZIN
Macca1996
Macca1996
NGZEUS
NGZEUS
Pradeep42
Pradeep42
Red-Sand
Red-Sand
RoshanV
RoshanV
SAMET
SAMET
ttttt
ttttt
umeshchakor
umeshchakor
Willinoy
Willinoy
+1.1K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assistance by Acer


Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos