I have acer w700 and i have a problem when i set up the display driver?

AYMEN
AYMEN Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I have acer w700  and i have a problem when i set up the display driver. After i finish install win 8 all things are ok, but after i  install display drive (from the acer web site and other) the monitor divide in to two parts up and down. how can i resolve that?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Can you show us a picture showing the problem? Does it also happen if you go into the BIOS? It sounds like a Windows driver issue, but it is best if we can pin it down more.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AYMEN
    this
  • billsey
    Wow, that is a great screenshot of something I've never seen before! :) I assume it doesn't happen in the BIOS screens, just when Windows is loaded? It is most likely a problem with the video drivers. Try removing the video drivers in Device Manager then rebooting without reinstalling first. If you come up with a normal screen try letting Windows look for updated drivers instead of installing the ones from the Acer support site. Report back please...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AYMEN
    Of course when i remove the driver all thing are ok. How can i let the windows look for updated driver?
  • billsey
    So now that we know it's not a hardware problem... :) Bring up Device Manager and choose the display adapters. There are two probable things you will see there at this point. Either the OS has repopulated it with the old driver, using better settings or it has it set to Basic Display Adapter. You can force the OS to go out on the internet to look for newer drivers by bringing up properties, selecting the Driver tab and choosing the Update Driver option.