Aspire E14 E5-473g - SSD not showing up in BIOS

Options
leviente
leviente Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone,

I'm using an Aspire E14 E5-473g. The hard drive is really slow, so I'm trying to add an SSD in the optical drive slot using a hard drive caddy. The plan is to use the SSD as a boot drive with windows and all my programs in there, and keep the hard disk for storing data.

I've got the SSD installed in the caddy, I cloned every partition of the HDD (Except the D Data partition) onto the SSD using atrium reflect 7 (free), and everything is showing up in both windows explorer and device manager. I can run a speed check using crystaldiskmark and it shows drastically improved read/write times (from 90mbps on the HDD to 500+ on the SDD). So, everything seems to be going well.

However, when I go into the BIOS to change the boot order so I can boot from the SSD, there appears to be nothing there. It shows windows boot manager, the HDD, but all of the other slots show as empty. If I place the empty ATAPI slot for what used to be the dvd drive above the HDD, the computer spends time looking for a drive in that slot but then boots from the HDD anyway.

All of my drivers are up to date. I've tried reinstalling the SDD, but that hasn't helped. Tried booting in legacy mode but it still didn't find any boot drive. The only clue I've found is that in device manager, under properties/events, it shows "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" - could that be the problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The bios does not usually recognize the caddy. Therefore, I recommend that you put the ssd in place of the hdd and connect the hdd to the caddy. This is the best option.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)