Issues with Acer Predator XB271HU (Warranty expired)

Options
Vertigo101
Vertigo101 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello I just read there was a recall for this monitor about three years ago and I too am having the same issues as the recall.

1. Monitor random split down the middle.
2. Random duplication of screen on both sides, low resolution.
3. Playing games that involve health bars World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 results a white duplication of the bar or character if the camera pans.

Anything I can do about this on my end since Warranty expired? perhaps update the firmware myself? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Vertigo101 I forwarded yours to an Acer guy, he might know the answer...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hello I just read there was a recall for this monitor about three years ago and I too am having the same issues as the recall.

3. Playing games that involve health bars World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 results a white duplication of the bar or character if the camera pans.

Anything I can do about this on my end since Warranty expired? perhaps update the firmware myself? 
    There's no recall for this monitor, unfortunately you won't be able to do a firmware update yourself, it will need to be sent for repair. 

What is the firmware version you have installed?

You can verify your monitor firmware version by entering factory mode. You should be very careful not to change any setting when in factory mode. Use the steps below to check your firmware version.

1.    With the monitor turned off, press the Game mode key and power button.

2.    After 1 second the monitor will enter factor mode

3.    Locate the line for firmware and verify you have at least firmware 160613 or newer.

4.    Press the Menu button or select Factory Reset to exit factory mode.

Best Regards,

Acer-Manny 

• Vertigo101
    Vertigo101 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks, I hope it can be resolved.
    Only upgrade path I see is 4K and I do plan on that once I have some extra money

There's no recall for this monitor, unfortunately you won't be able to do a firmware update yourself, it will need to be sent for repair. 

You can verify your monitor firmware version by entering factory mode. You should be very careful not to change any setting when in factory mode. Use the steps below to check your firmware version.

3.    Locate the line for firmware and verify you have at least firmware 160613 or newer.

Best Regards,

Acer-Manny 

Hello, FW Version, 20160526_0_2434_14
    NV_FW_Version is 5.3
    DP_Version 2.59
    HW_Revision 2.59
    OSD Version 4.95
     other then that I don't see any firmware version for the monitor.

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Thanks, I hope it can be resolved.
    Only upgrade path I see is 4K and I do plan on that once I have some extra money

Best Regards,

Acer-Manny 

Hello, FW Version, 20160526_0_2434_14
    NV_FW_Version is 5.3
    DP_Version 2.59
    HW_Revision 2.59
    OSD Version 4.95
     other then that I don't see any firmware version for the monitor.

Please send me a private message with the serial number of your monitor and your contact information for better assistance.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny