I am returning my new Acer CB715-1W-59YQ NX.HB2AA.003 to the vendor because it is defective

John_Ace
John_Ace Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am returning my new Acer CB715-1W-59YQ NX.HB2AA.003 to the vendor because it is defective -- whenever I go to "full screen" on YouTube.com or Netflix.com, the CB display screen goes 'haywire' and I have to turn off the chromebook and restart (i.e., videos from YouTube, Netflix, and others, will not play in 'full screen' mode). I have no idea whether this is an isolated problem with this particular CB, or a 'known issue' with this model of CB 715, or ALL Acer CB 715 models, nor whether it is due to a defect in the graphics processor, hardware, software, etc.. Any info would be appreciated, as I otherwise love this model of Chromebook. However I am now "gun shy" of Acer products (Acer support hung up on me when I told them I was within the time period to return the chromebook for a full refund). Photos below.
:

Answers

• Have you checked if the issue persists after upgrading chrome OS?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • John_Ace
    John_Ace Member Posts: 2 New User
    "Have you checked if the issue persists after upgrading chrome OS?" Yes, I just upgraded to Chrome Version 79.0.3945.86 (Official Build) (64-bit). The problem still persists on Netflix.com videos though some YouTube.com videos now play fine (and some don't) when on "full screen."