an515-52 HELP ME TO INSTALL NVME DRIVER

Options
ShahmiNitro5
ShahmiNitro5 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Lately, I just upgrade my nitro 5 an515-52 with SSD 970 Evo Plus. Everything goes fine. But I can't install nvme driver and the magician software show "unknown" at the interface option. What should I do now?

Edited:
When I try to install the driver. It keeps telling me this.
"Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the device and try again"

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, switch the SATA mode from "RST with Optane" to AHCI, see whether it helps.

• ShahmiNitro5

Tinkerer

Options
    when I change it. It's turned to this. Should I wait for it to do automatic repair ?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Switch back to RST with Optane and try only the driver and not the software.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the Disk management picture, like mine.

• ShahmiNitro5

Tinkerer

Options
    Here's mine.

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Did your laptop came with 1TB HDD? If so how did you move the OS to M.2 SSD? Did you clone using a third party program? I am asking these questions because you have EFI system partition in both drives,OEM partition in both drives, you can also take off removable drive for the time being.
  • ShahmiNitro5

Tinkerer

Options
    First thing I do is removing 1TB hard drive and leave only the SSD inside. And I make a usb boot, install it to the SSD instead. I did this, because.. I don't want my data from the previous drive being removed. I know it's funny. But, I have no portable drive to back up all of my data from 1TB HD
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, you have installed the OS on the SSD, so I would suggest you to remove Disk 2 (F) and the old 1TB HDD temporarily, just leave the Samsung SSD only in the laptop and try installing the driver after downloading it from Samsung site.

• ShahmiNitro5

Tinkerer

Options
    FINALLY!
    You help me to find out the solution.
    Here let me tell you what I do.
    1. I make a windows bootable USB
    2. I remove my hard drive and leave the SSD alone(as you said)
    3. Then, I wipe all data in my SSD (delete SSD partition like new)
    4. I boot windows using USB.
    5. Finished all of windows stuff, I downloaded all nvme/SSD drive, firmware, magician, all. 

AND IT WORKING FINE
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU'RE EINSTEIN!
  • brummyfan2
    edited December 2019
    Options
    You are welcome  :) Nice work and thanks for posting the feedback.
  • MrJosephIssa
    MrJosephIssa Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey @brummyfan2 , I have an ACER Nitro N50-600 Desktop.

I did everything in the thread and I still cannot download the Samsung NVMe driver.

Going into the BIOS, if I change"RST with Octane" to "ACHI", it sticks in a constant loop on the slash screen trying to load.

I had no drives in other than my M.2, and I even reinstalled a clean windows 10 with a USB Bootable drive and the same problem :( 

It has been since late 2018 that I got my Samsung 970 EVO and I still haven't figured out the problem lol.

You think you have another solution that could work?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hey @brummyfan2 , I have an ACER Nitro N50-600 Desktop.

I did everything in the thread and I still cannot download the Samsung NVMe driver.

Going into the BIOS, if I change"RST with Octane" to "ACHI", it sticks in a constant loop on the slash screen trying to load.

I had no drives in other than my M.2, and I even reinstalled a clean windows 10 with a USB Bootable drive and the same problem :( 

It has been since late 2018 that I got my Samsung 970 EVO and I still haven't figured out the problem lol.

You think you have another solution that could work?
    Hi,
    Please start a new thread so that others also can contribute.