Acer SW5-015 has no audio and the touch screen isn't working.

sbstover
sbstover Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am very computer illiterate, and could really use some help fixing these issues. The speaker in the task bar has a red X, and when I click it a box pops up that says "Detecting Problems". Then is says "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". As for the touchscreen issue,  there is no Pen and Touch" listing in the control panel.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,266 Trailblazer
    Shutdown Windows. Turn the machine back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. You have a choice to do a complete factory reset or a partial refresh while trying to save your personal files and programs. If the problems persist after  a complete reset, then it is a likely hardware issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sbstover1960
    sbstover1960 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thank you for the reply Jack. I did a factory reset, but it hasn't fixed any of the issues. I have also noticed that the battery percentage is no longer showing in the task bar and the power save option is missing from the side pop out. I am at a total loss for what the problem is. I think it's time for a new tablet.
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? The missing taskbar icon can be added back in Settings by searching for 'taskbar' under personalization. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sbstover1960

Tinkerer

There are no red or yellow warnings in the Device Manager and I found the battery icon under taskbar in personalization and it is turned on, but grayed out.
  • JackE
    Open DeviceManager again. Click 'Sound, video etc' folder. What audio devices do you see? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sbstover1960

Tinkerer

There is no Sound folder. I have attached a screenshot of Device Manager.
  • JackE
    Click on the 'view' tab then check to show hidden devices folder. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sbstover1960

Tinkerer

This is after "show hidden devices".

• JackE
    Device Manager along with the reset pretty much confirms a hardware --- specifically the motherboard --- issue. The audio adapter isn't even detected. You can try the ALT+F10 erase everything factory reset one more time just to be sure. Is the machine still under warranty? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sbstover1960

Tinkerer

warranty expired about 3 months ago. I'll retry the reset again, but at this point I'm probably just going to have to look at getting another tablet. I really appreciate the time that you have given to try and help me Jack. 
  • JackE
    edited November 2019
    You might want to try to get a repair estimate from a shop next time you head toward Roswell. Fairly highly rated for laptop repairs. Jack E/NJ

[Edited the post due to inappropriate or personal content posted. Acer Harvey]

Jack E/NJ