Orange light blinks ( Plugged in but not charging) Predator Helios 300

Options
Jasonmir83
Jasonmir83 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2019 in Predator Laptops
I have Predator Helios 300. I have it for like 6 months. Recently the Charging light (orange) started to blink. It blinks even after shut down. Charge is 98% and it shows Plugged in but not charging and orange light keep blinking. I did the battery reset. Uninstalled ACPI nothing works. NEED HELP!
Thanks..

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    I have Predator Helios 300. I have it for like 6 months. Recently the Charging light (orange) started to blink. It blinks even after shut down. Charge is 98% and it shows Plugged in but not charging and orange light keep blinking. I did the battery reset. Uninstalled ACPI nothing works. NEED HELP!
    Thanks..
    You might have to update BIOS to fix the issue. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Jasonmir83

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your reply. Does updating BIOS format or remove any installed item on laptop? 
  • Rudy21
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Does updating BIOS format or remove any installed item on laptop? 
    No. BIOS update does not interfere with software. But make sure to be careful while installing BIOS update. If its not updated properly the computer might crash.

Make sure all the programs are closed while updating BIOS and keep it plugged in. Also, make sure to download the correct BIOS update version
  • Jasonmir83

Tinkerer

Options
    @ Rudy21, Thank you for your quick reply, I just Updated my BIOS. But the problem is still there. Any Idea what should i do now ?
  • Rudy21
    Options
    @ Rudy21, Thank you for your quick reply, I just Updated my BIOS. But the problem is still there. Any Idea what should i do now ?
    If possible could you share the image of all the indication lights on your device. Also, share the complete model number
  • Jasonmir83

Tinkerer

Options
    Model number 
  • Rudy21
    Options
    @Jasonmir83

Thanks for taking time to share the images.

I have done some research and here are the details below.

Looks like blinking amber light means low battery. Even after updating BIOS and reinstall of battery drivers and power reset the issue persist, This could happen mostly because of hardware. 

• Jasonmir83

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you! 
    But what i do now ? Any suggestions ? 
  • deepakpatel970
    deepakpatel970 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I it simple to fix. Open your ram slot and add a paper or tape as shown in picture. And close the slot
  • Restricted_id
    Restricted_id Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Nothing suggested works.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    Restricted_id jave you tried to uninstall the acpi driver and after perform a battery powerdrain check here press/hold for 30s+ leave it to rest for 2/3h after boot into bios and reset setup defaults let windows reinstall the acpi driver and also check your battery wear percentage via battery report (for ex) sometimes might even be a faulty battery or even the adapter check it with a voltmeter to make sure its outputting the correct voltage the last step to rule out any software issues its to stock recovery clean install 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• AarimaSenpai
    AarimaSenpai Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks..
    Ya still need help mate ??
    > Right click WINDOWS button
    >Select device manager
    > Batteries
    >Uninstall ACPV ..(Second one , the one with lots of words ) 
    >Restart 
    >Remove and re insert charger
  • ChomskyKnows
    ChomskyKnows Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ever get your ***** fixed? I have similar issue
  • klsskaushik
    klsskaushik Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    yes someone pls tell how to fix it
  • Sofos
    Sofos Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I it simple to fix. Open your ram slot and add a paper or tape as shown in picture. And close the slot

This is the solution finally! (although kind of strange and somehow unrelated to the battery itself).
    After trying everything and I repeat everything on the forum and out of it,keeping the switch sw2 (shown at the first photo) pressed is the deal! For some strange reason the lid of the rams is not solid enough and bends, leading to not pressing the switch and thus not enabling the use with battery (don' know why and as musch as I tried can't find any reason for this).

Tip: If you're bored to open the ram compartment (or don't want to) you can always turn upside down the laptop and press the lid gently (so it presses the switch) , this should do the trick (till next time B) ).
  • V0iD12
    V0iD12 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sofos said:

This is the solution finally! (although kind of strange and somehow unrelated to the battery itself).
    After trying everything and I repeat everything on the forum and out of it,keeping the switch sw2 (shown at the first photo) pressed is the deal! For some strange reason the lid of the rams is not solid enough and bends, leading to not pressing the switch and thus not enabling the use with battery (don' know why and as musch as I tried can't find any reason for this).

Tip: If you're bored to open the ram compartment (or don't want to) you can always turn upside down the laptop and press the lid gently (so it presses the switch) , this should do the trick (till next time B) ).
    I have similar issue but where doI press it gently? I can't open mine (this helios is 2021 variant) 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @V0iD12 2021 variant needs to be unscrewed completely (might void your warranty).
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • TofuTiger
    TofuTiger Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I guess, good to know I'm not alone? Funny story here: this is the second time this has happened to me. First time I was under warranty. Now it's been less than 2 years since I've been using the "fixed" version and I'm having the EXACT same issue. Never thought that would happen.

Anyway I'm giving myself until Amazon Prime days before buying a laptop that is definitely not an ACER. In my mind if someone has the exact same problem two times, even if that thing is out of warranty (like I said, less than 2 years of using it since they "fixed" it the first time, feels like it shouldn't even be out of warranty) you replace it because it's clear they have a defective model.

So with that being said, I just went to do the only thing that anyone with this issue has had success with, and of course my setup is different. I have no "sw2" button/switch at all in that area.

If anyone happens to have any ideas, I'm all ears at this point because in my mind this computer is already broken and I'm willing to give things a shot.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    If you don't find any solution until then, I'd say go for Lenovo. 
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • TofuTiger
    TofuTiger Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It's funny, that's exactly what the Acer rep I talked to said.