Error ; No bootable device to boot to.

Options
anku6244
anku6244 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i have acer gateway NE46rs ,i got it from indian government as student. i was using win10 64 bit on my laptop . Recently i changed my window10 to win7 ( i removed my hdd from laptop & changed window from another laptop) but it is not loading on my laptop(acer gateway ne46rs) showing error ( NO BOOTABLE DEVICE TO BOOT TO) Later i checked BIOS and i found that it has prefixed OS SELECTION ,which is already selected to win10 64 bit.  i again changed OSwin 7 to win10 64 bit) of HDD from another laptop ,but that error( NO BOOTABLE DEVICE TO BOOT TO) is still appearing on startup . Please help me.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @anku6244,
    Is the hdd detected on the bios.? tried to do a bios default with F9-> yes option. save it with F10-> yes option. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check the BIOS menu to see if it's in UEFI mode. It must be set to legacy mode with Win7. You may have to set a supervisor password and disable secure boot to change to legacy mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bhimu7560
    Bhimu7560 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello I am Bhimappa I have Acer Gateway NE46Rs .laptop ..when I turn on this laptop its screen is show only black colour..what is the problem this laptop please help me
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does HDMI out to TV also show black color? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Bhimu7560 said:
    Hello I am Bhimappa I have Acer Gateway NE46Rs .laptop ..when I turn on this laptop its screen is show only black colour..what is the problem this laptop please help me
    Hi,
    Press and hold the power button for 5sec. Make sure the unit is off and that the unit is not showing any lights on it. Try to turn on the unit and tap the F2 key continuously. Check if the unit shows the bios page. if the unit shows a blue light on the side and not showing any display. then its a hardware issue and have to check with local tech or use an external monitor to have the display. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)