Acer Aspire A315-41 - Laptop won't turn on

Harrison_Moses
Harrison_Moses Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Model : Acer aspire A315-41 yesterday I was working on intellij and my laptop turned off by itself, last thing I saw was the Acer's power key function window(let's let to decide sleep,hibernate,power off) . Then I tried to turn on my laptop by pressing the power button, I saw Acer's logo and it turned off by itself, I tried more ,same thing, then I found holding the F1 key let's me to start my laptop and boot into windows,if I let go of the key it powers off immediately, please help me

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi@Harrison_Moses 
    Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop

Also, check if the charger and the wall socket is working fine, The easy option to isolate the issue is by swapping the charger for another, or trying this charger on another device.  

You can also check the adapter using a multimeter. Plug in the adapter. Wrigle the cable and check the adapter. If you see voltage or amperage that jumps around from high to low a high, Make sure it's putting out the rated voltage. Ditch that adapter immediately.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!