My Aspire V 15 gotten very slow and the screen turns black and it comes back again.

VANoba
VANoba Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello !
My Aspire V 15 gotten very slow and the screen turns black and it comes back again.
This is my 3rd year with it. and it used to handle games and 3d programs just great till the start of this year. it started to heat up quickly just for running photoshop or things you wouldnt expect this laptop to heat over. and it became slow.

And now the laptop does not stay more than an hour away from the charger.

not sure what i should do to fix all this.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @VANoba,

Try doing these,
    >>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>>End Task of running programs and Disable Startup program in task manager. This fix can help you quickly end high CPU usage issue when your device becomes extremely slow or even get stuck with running programs:

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time to bring up Task Manager; 
    Select Task Manager > Check and select programs that are taking high memory and CPU usage > Click End Task to close selected programs or apps. 
    Click on Startup on Task Manager > Select and right-click on unnecessary programs or apps > Select Disable to stop them running from Startup.

>>>Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;

Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;

Restart Windows > Enable any services individually and reboot PC > Repeat the process till Windows high CPU usage issue gets fixed by then.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Heating up seems to be the problem here. When the laptop begins to overheat the system will shutdown to protect the CPU
    Remove the bottom cover and do a thorough cleaning job on the fan system and the vent grills.  3 years is a long time to build up debris in the cooling system. Also run Nitrosense or Predator sense and monitor your temperature and fan speed and report back

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @VANoba,

Try doing these,
    >>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>>End Task of running programs and Disable Startup program in task manager. This fix can help you quickly end high CPU usage issue when your device becomes extremely slow or even get stuck with running programs:

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time to bring up Task Manager; 
    Select Task Manager > Check and select programs that are taking high memory and CPU usage > Click End Task to close selected programs or apps. 
    Click on Startup on Task Manager > Select and right-click on unnecessary programs or apps > Select Disable to stop them running from Startup.

>>>Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;

Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;

Restart Windows > Enable any services individually and reboot PC > Repeat the process till Windows high CPU usage issue gets fixed by then.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Heating up seems to be the problem here. When the laptop begins to overheat the system will shutdown to protect the CPU
    Remove the bottom cover and do a thorough cleaning job on the fan system and the vent grills.  3 years is a long time to build up debris in the cooling system. Also run Nitrosense or Predator sense and monitor your temperature and fan speed and report back

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★