battery stat acer 315-41

arijit
arijit Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
i have replaced my new hdd with old one as all my all office software and files are on the old one.. now when i am trying to see my battery stat using power cfg command its showing my old dell laptop battery stat..i want to know how to reset it..with my new acer 315-41 ryzen 5 laptop battery stat..pls help..

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You only transfer your personal files, not copy the whole drive with all the operating system files. Your Dell HDD is NOT set up to accomodate the ACER mainboard and all it's ACER devices. You can check this by opening DeviceManager to look for red & yellow warnings that show hardware devices are not operating properly.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    You should put the new HDD back in. The Dell Windows version is not really suitable for your ACER. Then attach the old Dell HDD to the ACER USB port via a USB-to-HDD SATA adapter. Then transfer your office files to the new HDD in the ACER. The office software will probably have to be re-installed on the new HDD if you don't want the old Dell HDD attached  to the ACER USB port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arijit
    thats a long process... i have 2 tb hdd...copying it would take such long time...
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    You only transfer your personal files, not copy the whole drive with all the operating system files. Your Dell HDD is NOT set up to accomodate the ACER mainboard and all it's ACER devices. You can check this by opening DeviceManager to look for red & yellow warnings that show hardware devices are not operating properly.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arijit
    i have solved the problem by resetting the battery by inserting paper clip in the reset hole back of laptop...and draining out old charge by using full available power by using it only on battery..now after reaching home i will charge it full and check it again ....thanks..anyways...
  • JackE
    >>> i will charge it full and check it again ....thanks..anyways... >>>>

OK. But still check DeviceManager for any red or yellow warnings. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arijit
    i checked  Device Manager..but there are no red or yellow warning.. after i update windows version 1903..
  • JackE
    Very good! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ